I'm 73, Have Implants (2 Upper,5 Lower) & Bad Crowding of Lower Teeth. Am I A Candidate For Invisalign?

Am I a candidate for Invisalign? (My implants are on the outermost teeth -- I don't know the tooth numbers) My dentist says I am in danger of losing my teeth because of this crowding and rotation Is this true?

Invisalign is Perfect for Your Golden Years

+2

At 73 you wouldn't even be my oldest Invisalign patient! (I've got three older than you.) I think Invisalign is ideal for many problems in patients your age. It gives you the options to eat what you want and then brush and floss as you wish. On common treatment for extreme crowding is the removal of a single lower incisor. Invisalign is an effective tool for these patients. The only drawback is that you mush have a litte dexterity to be able to get the aligners in and out. Ask your orthodontist to make you a set of training aligners to see if you would be able tolerate wearing the plastic aligners and be able to get them in and out between meals and brushing. Good luck!

Albuquerque Orthodontist

73 with crowding and 2 implants can Invisalign be done

+2

Definitely possible for Invisalign to correct this kind of situation.  A thorough examination by an Invisalign certified dentist or orthodontist would be important to check out periodontal health as well as movement possibilities.  If things look good a computer proposal called a clincheck can be done so you and your dentist can see what can actually be done and how long it might take.  This requires a couple impressions of your teeth, some pictures and a bite registration.  Best of Luck!

Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Candidacy for Invisalign requires a clinical exam

+2

Without photographs and a work up to determine periodontal health, it is difficult to say if Invisalign is appropriate.  While implants are present, they may not interfere.  However, they will not move, so the current position is where they will remain.  Implants MAY assist with the orthodontic movement, as an anchor for leverage, but if the implants are not in a desired location, they would need to come out.

Crowded and rotated teeth are difficult to keep clean, so it is likely that you would benefit from a more proper alignment.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

+1

In cases likes this is very hard to determine what options to provide, photos , impressions and radiography will be best to have because implants might interfere. It is not the case all the time, but keep in mind you can not move implants at all with any type of braces. It is nice to know you are thinking about the idea of straightening your teeth because it will improve your overall health.You may be surprised to know that the benefits of having properly aligned teeth extend far beyond a confident smile. According to the American Dental Association, straightening your teeth can actually significantly affect your overall dental health.Think about it—a smile can hardly be perfect if it's not a healthy one. Fortunately, with Invisalign, having a confident smile and reducing your risk for tooth decay and gum disease go hand in hand.Swollen, red gums can often be the result of having teeth that are crowded or too widely spaced. Unfortunately, these are also signs of periodontal disease. When teeth are properly aligned, it helps the gums fit more securely around the teeth, allowing for the strongest and healthiest defense against potential periodontal problems. That’s where Invisalign comes in. The comfortable and clear aligners gently and gradually begin to move your teeth into the proper position - without unsightly brackets and wires.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Do implants effect Invisalign treatment?

+1

We treat many patients that have implants in their mouths with orthodontics, both with braces and Invisalign. Depending on where your crowding is, and your current "bite", your result may be facilitated or hindered with the presence of the implant. Regardless, a successful compromise for you may be quite achievable.

Saint Louis Orthodontist