I Am 73. Is Blepharoplasty an Answer to my Swollen, Puffy Under Eye Condition?

+1

Absolutely. I recently removed the "bags" in a 93 year old male under local anesthesia and he is elated. A plastic surgeon with experience should evaluate your situation and decide how to remove the fat pads. They can be removed through an incision in the skin just under the lashes or through an incision inside the lower eyelid, called a transconjuctival incision. The latter is reserved for those with very little excess skin.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Eyebags

+1

If you have lower eyelid puffiness due to fat coming forward you would benefit cosmetically from a lower eyelid blepharoplasty. A picture would be helpful in evaluating you on this forum, and of course and examination.

Perry F. Garber, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon