I Am 71 Years Old. Am I Too Old for the Chemical Peel?

I am 71 years old. I have very fair skin and I have some rosesa. Am I to old to have a chemical peel? I was thinking about having a light peel and then going back for another light peel so I wouldn't have too much done at one time.

Chemical peel

+1

I would proceed with caution, although it's perfectly okay to get a chemical peel at 71, just be weary that if you have thin skin, it may be too much. Just make sure you work with someone who is experienced with fair skin and rosacea.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

71 and rosacea

+1

At 71 you are not too old to have treatment of your skin with either chemical peels or lasers. If you have rosacea, come IPL machines can help with this. Other lasers can offer skin rejuvenation as well. 

Not at all.

+1

Just be aware that with chemical peeling, like so many things in life, there is no such thing as a free lunch.  The lighter the peel the less work that is performed in the skin.  Light peels are freshening peels.  Will they be effective for you?  If improved skin tone is what you are looking for the answer is likely, yes.  If you are looking for facial tightening, then you are most likely going to be disappointed.  Deeper peels can create very nice improvement but being to resemble something like a surgical procedure.  Look for an experienced chemical peels and have a personal consultation.  An ethical practitioner will make sure you understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the various peel options available.