Are 700cc Too Big for 5'7 185 Lbs?

I'm 5'7 and 184 getting my breast done in a couple weeks!! I'm so nervous about the size. I am about a B cup now. I'm getting a lift on my right side ( nursing left me uneven :0( ) and 700 R 720 L... I was only taking a week vacation. Do you think that is enough recovery time?

700 cc too big?

+2

No not at all. I am doing 700 cc implants thru the belly button on a 5-2, 140 lb patient tomorrow morning. Every patient picks her own desired size. If you aren't going to get what you want, go to someone else. Experienced plastic surgeons can do anything you want, but some won't. Don't let him tell you what you should want. It's your decision.  Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Is 700cc to Big?

+2

Good Question, while 700cc's is a large implant everything is relative. The taller and larger the individual the larger the implant needed to make a difference. While I am not an advocate for large implants, they have a higher incidence of long term complications, it is important to give a patient what the desire if it is safe and feasible. I would think one week should be fine, depending on your job description.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+2

It entirely depends on your frame, and goals.  It is well known, though, that larger implants have a greater risk of long term complications such as malposition and shifting.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Sizing for breast implants

+1
very easy way to know. go to someone who does a " try on session". you stand in front of a mirror while the helper get you a series of different size implants to place in a bra while wearing a white t shirt then you will get a very accurate idea if that is the appropriate size for you.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Picking the right implant size for you.

+1

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I think the most important decision a patient can make (when you have decided to proceed with breast augmentation surgery) is choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon whom you trust and can communicate with. Once you develop this trust and communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon the specifics of the operation (including the implant model and/or range of breast implant sizes)  can be  decided upon. You will find that each plastic surgeon has his/her preferences so you need to feel comfortable that the surgeon you choose is capable (based on documented experience with before and after pictures and/or referrals) of achieving your goals.
It will be very important to communicate your overall goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

One week recovery is usually fine.. you may have to limit the heavy lifting, etc.. for some time after your surgery and your surgeon will be the best one to let you know what your limitations are for after surgery.