Is $7000 Too Much for a Tummy Tuck Without Lipo?

I just had consultation and my husband thinks I should get a second consultation. I feel really comfortable with the doctor I saw however I've noticed that alot of TTs are combined with lipo. My doctor said that in order for me to heal faster he would not do the lipo, however the quote I received along with anesthia is a bit of over $7000, Is this on OK figure????

The $7000 Tummy Tuck

+4

This price is very reasonable assuming that there are no additional fees.  Looking at the statistics gathered by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the 2009 Average Nationwide surgeon fee for Tummy tuck is  $5,381.  With anesthesia and facility costs, the fee is usually well over $7000.   You are getting a very good deal.  If you were to add liposuction, you will be adding, of course, additional work for your surgeon and incurring additional time with the anesthesiologist, the cost will naturally be more.  Bottomline, tummy tuck at $7,000?....take it.

Abdominoplasty vs Tummy Tuck

+3

I have always disliked the term Tummy Tuck. I feel it gives patients an unrealistic impression of the nature of the procedure and recovery. Abdominoplasty covers a range of procedures. Some patients can get the results they want with liposuction and maybe a small amount of skin resection, limited undermining and little work on the abdominal wall. Others will need extensive undermining, transposition of the umbilicus and rectus diathisis repair. In my practice most of the patients I see are in the later group. That said, I nearly always incorporate some liposuction into my abdominoplasty procedure. I do not charge extra for this because I feel I need the liposuction to get the results I want.  Every patient presents a different challenge. Take the time to discuss your expectations with your surgeon and be sure you are both on the same page.

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck fees

+3

The fees for a tummy tuck around the country can vary quite a bit.  $7000 in NYC for everything would be dirt cheap.

Abdominoplasty for 7K

+2

If the price includes facility and anesthesia fees as well as the surgical fee then it is very reasonable for Florida.

Erel Laufer, MD

Tummy tuck

+2

Based on California costs, it seems like a great deal.  Take it!  The costs vary from region to region, of course, but typically a tummy tuck would range from $8,000 (without liposuction) and above.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Tummy Tuck Costs

+2

The fees for an abdominoplasty will vary based on several factors including the geographical area. I do not see this fee as totally unreasonable in the Midwest. Contact some offices in your area to inquire about fees. Even if the fees are a little more than the average, if you feel comfortable with your potential Board Certified Plastic Surgeon paying a little more will be well worth it. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Price of a Tummy Tuck

+2

In Boca Raton this would not be considered excessive, in fact it would be relatively inexpensive if you also consider the OR and Anesthesiologists' fees.  You can always find cheap and markedly discounted in clinics and possible if the surgery is not performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.  If your doctor couldn't do your surgery at the local hospital, I would run.  Like someone once said to me, "give me a great deal on a car or a washing machine, not on my surgery."

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Fees with Anesthesia

+2

As  you can see from other posts that is probably a low to average cost, but cost should not be your determining factor. Results and experience are a priority.

One thing to consider is the liposuction.  It might be reasonable to get another opinion about that. We find that in appropriate amounts liposuction probably does not affect your healing.  The thing that makes the recovery harder from a tummy tuck is the muscle tightening.

If you have extra fat around the sides that bothers you then you may not be happy with the results of a tummy tuck without suction. 

Also make sure  the procedure is in an accredited facility or hospital.

Byron D. Poindexter, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

$7000 for tummy tuck

+2
There are regional differences in pricing for a tummy tuck. $7000 would be quite cheap in some places and relatively average in others. Virtually no where would this price be considered excessive.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Reasonableness of quoted tummy tuck price

+2

The $7000 that you were quoted for a tummy tuck is definitely not unreasonable. For many areas, this may actually be low. It is important that you feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon including his/her skills and results and it appears that this is your situation.

Another consultation can provide you with a second perspective that may or may not be helpful.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD