Will 700 CC over the muscle be too big? (Photo)

i am 5'8 160 lbs chest wide 15.6 my doctor said 700cc moderate plus over the muscle will be ok ..i am just scared i will look like s striper ..and they will drop very fast he reasure me that it wont :/

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
Yes, 700 cc implants over the muscle are too big, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision and you will be dissatisfied. From your photograph, you have ptosis of the breasts and stretch marks. You would benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is 700 cc too big?

+1
You should try sizers to 'see' what you will look like.  3 cups of rice in a nylon stocking will provide a volume of 720 cc's which will be a little larger then what you are considering - use an unlined bra and see what you will look like as your height allows you to handle larger sizes.

Curtis Wong, MD

Will 700 CC over the muscle be too big?

+1
The average volume in the US is 350 cc. So a 700 cc implant tends to be too large for most women. The best way to determine what you would like would be to try on sizers in the office. 

700 cc implants above the muscle

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  In short, 700 cc implant is a very large implant.  Your goal size for your breast and the type of look you are going for are important factors in deciding what size implant is best for you.  As far as that large of an implant over the muscle, it is generally not a good idea.  Implants above the muscle have a much higher rate of scar tissue formation than under the muscle.  This can lead to distortion of the implant and even wrippling or wrinkling of the skin which can be visible to others.  Make sure to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon.  It's often helpful to talk with more than one surgeon as well to get a new perspective.  
Best of luck to you.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Will 700 CC over the muscle be too big?

+1
Why not a donut lifting with 500 cc sub muscular placed implants as another option? Please respond so we can all understand where this 700 cc came from//// 

Implant size and placement

+1
Thanks for your question,

Determining breast implant size can be a very difficult process for patients.  It is always a good idea to have an in person consultation with an established plastic surgeon.  A consult should include consideration of many factors including your desired size and look, as well as your own tissue thickness.  In general, placing implants under the muscle helps reduce risks like tissue thinning, rippling, and capsular contracture.

Additionally, a 700cc implant is quite large. I would recommend seeking at least one more opinion before making your decision.  

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Not a good plan

+1
700 cc over the muscle will cause a lot of problems for you including rippling, and severe drooping of your breasts in the ot too distant future. You'd be much better off doing a submuscular implant and lift.

Robert S. Backstein, MD

Implant placement

+1
I would reconsider a subglandular implant.  Placing implants under the muscle helps decrease risks like tissue thinning, rippling, and capsular contracture.  700cc is also a very large implant.  I would recommend going on another consultation to see what others say

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

?700 cc above the muscle

+1
Most surgeons prefer under the muscle placement for the vast majority of patients. The larger the implant the more the advantages to under the muscle. 

I really cannot tell from this single photo, but 15.6 cm is an awfully wide breast, and this does not look like so wide a breast. 

Was the 700 cc your idea or the surgeon's?  Before choosing that size, be sure to try on 700 cc sizers.  If they look too big as sizers, they are too big. 

Larger implants have more long term complication risks, early sagging being one that would concern be the most, particularly since you already have stretch marks, a sign of less than ideal breast skin elasticity.

Think hard about getting another opinion. All the best