700-800 Cc Saline Implants. 5'2 Larger Frame. Is It Too Big?

Scheduled for out of town TT and BA. My BA is going under the muscle with saline. I have had significant weightloss of 100 lbs (strangely, my breasts just shrank so I don't need a breast lift). 100 lbs gone but I'm still 169 lbs (smallest lifetime weight at 5'2). My hips have excess skin around my lower abdomen but still are 40 inches-my ribcage is 36-38 bra size, my waist is a 30. My breast size is a small B. I want a DD. I tried on sizers and the 700-800 looked right with my frame. Too big?

Implant sizing.

+2

700-800cc implants are very large. Still, without an exam it's impossible to give you any advise as to this size and its appropriateness for your body. Best option is to consult with more than one board certified plastic surgeon to gets multiple opinions.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

700-800 cc saline implants. 5'2" larger frame. Is it too big?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size and Cup size

+1

Women who wear size 36 to 38 bra's will increase 1 cup size for each 200 cc's of implant.  An 800 cc implant will increase 4 cup sizes.  If you are a size D then you will end up a H, assuming you could even fit an 800 cc in you, which you probably cannot.  In over 25 years of performing breast augmentations, I have NEVER been able to get a breast implant that large into someone on the 1st operation.  It is more likely that you would be able to handle about a 400 to 500 cc implant.  This should get you close to a DD.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

In my opinion, definitely too large.  Implants in that size range will really make you appear heavy. In addition the weight of the implants will cause sagging of the breasts over time as well as thinning out of the skin and breast tissue. I usually recommend th e size range of 300 to 400 cc's.  Resubmitting your  question with photos would be helpful. It sounds like you Amy actually be e better candidate  for a lift since you have lost a considerable amount of weight.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Large Breast implants

+1

I try to accommodate what the patient wants and many of my patients like even larger sizes than that! I always tell patients to go larger than they think for even up to a year there is a decrease in size. I usually have patients show me photos of what size they want to be for putting an implant into a bra is a lot different than reality. I am using a new imaging system that can very accurately show a patient how they will look after even different manufacturers implants and styles. Definitely an advance to better arriving at a pleasing size for my patients.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are 700cc to 800cc breast implants too big?

+1

While breast implants of 700+ plus size would normally be view as too big for most women, it depends on the body frame and breast anatomy onto which they are placed. Given that you are currently 170lbs  and have lost 100 lbs of weight, this would suggest to me that you have a fairly wide breast base and loose skin. Under these circumstances, it can take a fair amount of volume to achieve a sizeable result as the loose skin takes a lot of volume to fill out. To achieve a DD result, it would not surprise me that it would take that volume. Whether DD breasts are too big for your body frame, however, is a question only you can really answer. But it would take that implant volume to get there.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Determining the right size implant

+1

There are many variables to consider when choosing an implant size.  Too large an implant can make you look heavy, which would be a mistake after your successful weight loss. The width of the breast implant should not extend beyond the width of your rib cage or it will look artificial and be prone to complications.  You should try on sizers at your plastic surgeons office and keep an open mind.  Too fixed an idea can make you unwilling to hear the advice of an experienced surgeon. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you are very fortunate that breast lifting is not indicated despite the 100 pound weight loss!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you after he/she examines you in person.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such "too big” or “DD cup” or  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.