7 Weeks Post Surgery. Do You Think That the Tip of my Nose Will Go Down? (photo)

I had my surgery (open rhinoplasty) 7 weeks ago. It's my second one. I think the tip of my nose is still too high and in this regard I can't see any improvement in the last few weeks. I'm afraid that my nose won't go down much more. Do you think that the tip of my nose will distinctly and visibly go down in the future? Sorry for my english, i am from germany.

Overrotated Tip

+1

Dear ronny123:

7 weeks is way too early to make any sort of appraisal concerning tip rotation or projection. Time and gravity is on your side. Since this is a revision case more scar tissue and edema are expected. Communicate with your surgeon and try to be patient. Final result will take over one year. Hope this helps

Stephen E. Metzinger MD MSPH FACS

Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results at 7 weeks

+1
Your result will certainly change in the months to come. Patience is important in the meantime. Final results will take up to a year. Good luck! Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

7 weeks Post op Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi ,

At this point, I dont think the tip will come down that much more... You can wait another 12 weeks , but I dont think you'll get any more deprojection.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Tip Position After Rhinoplasty

+1

In Rhinoplasty, healing takes up to 1 year and longer for the final result to unfold.  Given that this is a revision surgery, there is nobody that can give you an accurate answer at this time.  Communication with your Surgeon and patience are the only things I can advise at this time.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

7 Weeks Post Surgery. Do You Think That the Tip of my Nose Will Go Down?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo and questions. You have had TWO rhinoplasties and the later one being the open technique. So the tip edema/swelling can take a FULL year to decrease. That is not to say you may have had "over resection of the dorsal hump" but way toooo early to tell. 

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

It is very important to be patient at this point.  Open rhinoplasty can be associated with prolonged tip swelling.  Revision open-tip rhinoplasty may prolong this even more.  I would expect that you will continue to notice subtle changes and decreasing swelling for 12 months after your procedure.  As always, it is important to discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon in person.  Best wishes!

Jarrod Little, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Dear Ronny,

At seven weeks post surgery you still have a lot of swelling especially with this being a revision procedure. Hopefully as the swelling dissipates your tip will drop a bit. I do see your concerns as the tip is upturned at this point in your recovery. I would see your treating surgeon for frequent visits and he/she will best be able to advise you where you are in the recovery process. Without before photographs it is difficult to tell what has been done to improve this from your previous surgery. See your surgeon and discuss your concerns so that you may have some peace of mind during your recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nasal tip after surgery

+1

At seven weeks after open rhinoplasty, there should still be some significant swelling on the nasal tip.  It is impossible to know how much more the tip will change, but I would say that you may still see a significant difference over time.  It may take at least six months for the majority of the swelling to subside.  There may be some drop in the tip as it heals, but without knowing exactly what was done to your nose during the surgery, it's difficult to know.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon