7 Weeks PO. Is This Swelling? (photo)

I had a full tummy tuck with lipo and hernia repair 7 weeks ago tomorrow. I am concerned because at the end of the day, my stomach feels jiggly again and it appears that I still need a tummy tuck. Is this typical of swelling? I have faith in my doctor but wonder if my stomach will always look like this because of the amount of stretch marks I have. Thank you.

Question full tummy tuck with no umbilical scar

+1

Thank you for your question. He states that you had a full tummy tuckbut I cannot see a scar around your umbilicus on your photographs. Be sure to discuss with your surgeon if a full tummy Tuck which included moving belly button was done.

7 Weeks PO. Is This Swelling?

+1

At seven weeks, there is likely to be some persistent swelling. I can't tell much from these photos. Most are sitting, and the skin will always be somewhat lax in sitting position--otherwise you would not be able to stand erect, since the skin is not as elastic as it was before needing a TT. 

The one standing photo shows not enough of the abdomen, and the pinch is not too helpful. What we strive for is an attractive appearance, and I cannot tell from these photos.

If there is too much laxity,a touch up procedure can be done after 6 months or so.

Thank you for your question, all the best. 

Residual excess laxity

+1

Thank you for the photos and question.  At first evaluation it does appear that some residual excess laxity is present.  This opinion should be taken with a grain of salt since it is early in your recovery, I have not examined you, nor have I seen your before and after photos.  Give it some time.  If additional tightening is desired and is possible a revision tummy tuck will have to be performed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Realistic results following a tummy tuck

+1

will still allow skin to fold over a waist band when sitting and will leave some laxity of skin even when standing.  No one will achieve a tight tummy without some laxity but your contours should be much improved!

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy tuck seven weeks out

+1

First, you are still a bit early and will have swelling.  Remember however, that not all skin will be removed so that you can stretch and stand up straight. Sure when you sit down, you may have skin that creases.

Tummy tuck result after 7 weeks

+1

It's difficult to completely evaluate your abdomen and your result based only on your photos.  It is important to remember that swelling after a tummy tuck will last at least 3-6 months, perhaps longer, so you will certainly continue to see improvement over time. I would suggest continuing to wear a compression garment, massaging the area, and keeping all your follow up appointments with your board certified plastic surgeon.

It is too early to make a decision about a revision.  I hope that helps and wish you all the best! 

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like your surgeon  was not aggresive enough. You are still swollen it does take 6-9 months for it to completly subside. After its all said and done you can ask your doctor to do a revision.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS