7 Days Post Op Sharp Pain in my Upper Back on Left Side, Can't Stay Standing for Long It's So Bad?

Had silicone under muscle implant 330cc having really sharp pain since op went to hospital to rule out lung problem PE and all clear no infections etc they say it might be muscle pain. Left lung area of back

Severe Upper Back Pain Following Breast Implants

+1

The pain you describe will hopefully resolve over the next few days, but constant surveillance and dialogue with your plastic surgeon are necessary.

Back pain

+1

It sounds like you had the correct work-up. If it is musculo-skeletal pain then painmeds should help and it should get better with time. Best to check with your doctor.

Upper Back Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the sharp pain you continue to experience after breast augmentation surgery. I am glad to hear however that some of the worst potential complications have been ruled out.

Unfortunately, there is not much that online consultants will be able to offer you;  close clinical follow-up with your physicians will be important.  The most common cause of these types of issues are usually musculoskeletal or nerve irritation/inflammation,  which should resolve over the course of a few days.

Persistence of this pain may require additional work up ( and even repeat imaging).  Please continue to follow-up frequently with your physicians who, after direct physical examination, will be in a much better position to advise you accurately.

Breast Augmentation and post operative pain

+1

Although it is not unusual to have pain for several days following breast augmentation, from your description the pain sounds excessive, check back as soon as possible with your surgeon and have them re-examine you.  It may just be an irritated or stretched nerve which should better with time, but the issues you mentioned - lung collapse, PE and infection should be followed up.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon