7-10 Lbs Weight and Noticeable Fat Gain Before Surgery?

I've gained about 7-10 lbs due to "Last Supper Syndrome" and I'm having lipo and a lower body lift. I'm normally 145 lbs but got down to 140 after doing the Insanity workout. Recently I've been stressed and thought since I'm having surgery its ok to eat a little more. Now I'm around 150lbs and have more fat in my stomach. Will this weight change give me a less dramatic and not-so-thin shape result than when I was 140-145lbs?

Weight fluctuations and surgery

+1

A 5-10 lb weight fluctuation should not impact you too significantly. Obviously the thinner you are usually the better the result will look.

10 lbs and Final Results after Lower Body Lift

+1

In general, fluctuations of 5 to 7 lbs should have little impact upon skin issues managed at the time of the lower body lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Weight changes before surgery

+1

I have to assume that if you are undergoing a lower body lift that have likely lost a fair amount of weight preoperatively.  I would doubt that a minimal weight increase of 5 lb. immediately pre-op would have any effect on your long term result.  Weight gain in the abdomen can either be internal (visceral) fat or external (abdominal wall) fat.  The latter can be addressed with surgery; the former with diet and exercise.  In the long run I do not believe that this will affect your long term.  I would personally not cancel your procedure. Best of luck.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight Gain and Results

+1

Dear eeminer6,  A small amount of weight gain will have little impact on your final results.  If you have any concerns about the timing being correct before proceeding, please contact your plastic surgeon's office who know's your case best and can give you the correct advice.  From what I can determine from above, you should be able to proceed and do well.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

+1

That modest amount of weight change should not compromise your outcome. It is best to discuss such issues with your surgeon who has examined you and knows the planned procedure. 

All the best. 

+1

You are going to be going through these types of fluctuations all your life. Don't worry about it. Have the surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD