6 Year Old Daughter w/ 2 Lipomas

My 6yr Old Daughter Has Had Her Button (Lipoma) Since Birth, Now Has a Buddy Nxt 2 It? her buddy arrived a year ago but notice it is now purple. I should add her "button" looks like an outty bellybutton on her left elbow, the buddy is more under her skin & not as soft as the "button"

Lipoma?

+1

I would agree with the previous posting that you really need to see someone who knows how to diagnose this.  But I would add that many Plastic Surgeons have experience in this area and so they may be able to help, as well.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lipoma in a 6 year old

+1

You need to see a dermatologist, preferable a dermatologic surgeon, who can evaluate the lesions.  There are many different kinds of lipomas and should be evaluated by an experienced skin specialist.  Please do not seek treatment without first having someone examine and determine the cause of the bumps.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist