6wks Post Tummy Tuck and Pregnant?

I am 6wks post tummy tuck and just found out that im pregnant. Is it safe to carry so soon after my surgery? I just had my drains pulled a week ago and am now having to be drained through a needle every two days. Several spots were sewn up again just two weeks ago.

6wks Post Tummy Tuck and Pregnant?

+1

Dear Zumbagirl,

Thank you for your post.  It is certainly safe to carry the pregnancy to full term, however, your abdominoplasty will need to be repeated. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after tummytuck

+1

I am sure this was a big surprise for you!  There should be no concern about having the pregnancy proceed normally from a surgical point of view, but you need to check with your OBGYN about this from an anesthetic point of view. 

You should be able to have a Tummytuck in the future if you desire.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Pregnant Soon after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Your OB/GYN will be your best resource when it comes to meaningful/precise advice. From the plastic surgical stand point, you should be able to “carry” the pregnancy to full gestation, even though you are only 6 weeks out of surgery.  Your OB/GYN will help you determine the date of conception and whether the embryo was exposed to anesthesia etc.  Also, your OB/GYN will guide you when it comes to (healthy) weight control during pregnancy; avoidance of severe weight fluctuation during pregnancy may help you prevent the need for additional surgery after delivery.

The aspirations being done for probable seroma will not be relevant to the pregnancy.

6wks Post Tummy Tuck and Pregnant?

+1

By the time there is any stretching of your abdomen your skin and muscle will be well healed and should tolerate the pregnancy uneventfully. You OB may want to keep a little closer tabs on you during the early months than is the usual.

All the best.