6wks Post Op Mastopexy/augment- Open Wound? (photo)

I am 6 wks post op mastopexy/augment. I have a large open wound under left breast in 'T' junction of anchor lift. PS not concerned, says it will heal, that lumpiness from incision is just breast tissue coming out, that we can always go back and do scar revision procedure in about a year. I am desperate for healing and now trying manuka honey on wound. Please help. I am thinking i need a second opinion. What do you think ?

6 weeks Post-op Lift and Implants

+1

Hi cmoore64.  Thanks for including a photo with your question.  I find that an open wound in this area can be common, due to the tension created with the lifting procedure and the implant.  This is the "spot" where everything comes together, and often the tension causes this kind of healing response.  I agree that with good wound care, and assuming you have no underlying health issues that would affect your healing potential, this superficial wound will heal well.  It is normal for this to take 2-3 weeks, sometimes even longer.  Make sure you follow your surgeon's recommendations for wound care, and you should get his approval for any topical mediciations or herbal remedies.  Hope you have a speedy recovery and good luck!

Erie Plastic Surgeon