I'm 6days Post Op 2nd Breast Augmentation, from 550 Saline Implants to 800 Cc Natrelle Gel Implants?

I had a breast augmentation revision on 7-22-13, I had a ruptured saline implant (550 cc)that totally deflated my right breast. So I changed them with 800 gel implants and no lift, I have no upper pole fullness and now my scar under my left breast feels irritated, and I feel that it's alittle swollen where the scar is, should i be worried?

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

At this stage, only your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with good information. Obviously, given your question, you do have concerns; best to address these to your plastic surgeon who after physical examination will be in the best position to advise and/or reassure you.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long term  results of the procedure performed.

Revision Breast Augmentation

+2

It would be impossible to give you meaningful information without photographs. It is hard to imagine you don't have upper pole fullness with an 800cc implant, though.

Please submit photographs. If you think that the irritation is getting worse, please go in to see your surgeon immediately.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Upper pole fullness

+1

I assume you are unhappy enough with your result to be worried.  Without photos it is impossible to accurately suggest a course of action.  However, with a stretched out skin envelope from heavy saline implants, it would be reasonable to assume that your lack of upper pole fullness will not improve over time.  You and your surgeon made a reasonable plan but often it is impossible to predict what the skin will be able to support.  No one's fault, you and your surgeon will just have to come up with a plan that can satisfy your aesthetic goals.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon