What isMaximum amount that can be removed for a lip lift when the distance between the nose and lip is 2.4cm? (photo)

I am interested in a lip lift to achieve greater balance in my features. What would be the maximum distance I could have removed and still look natural? I would like to both narrow the distance between my nose and lips and maximally increase the size of my upper lip which is nearly nonexistent (not just the cupids bow but the entire lip being widen--is that possible?). Thank you.

Subnasal Lip Lift Skin Removal

+1

In a subnasal lip lift, you do not want to remove more than 1/4 to 1/3 of vertical distance as measured along the philtral columns. Whether that is 6 or 8mms is a judgment between aggressiveness but also wanting to avoid an unnatural and potentially irreversible overdone result. Applying the principle that it is easier to remove more later but you can't reverse it, I would take no more than 6 to 6.5mms of skin. Also a subnasal lip lift will not change the amount of exposed vermilion out to the mouth corners, it will only change the upper in the middle third or within or under the nose area.

Upperlip lift

+1
I favor a submasal lip lift remohing about 1/3 the distance between the bottom of the nose and the vermillion-cutaneous border of the upper lip. You might consider lip augmentation at a later date you want more lip fullness  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon