Is 66 Years Too Old for Sculptra?

I am purple after treatment with Sculptra. The doctor used two vials at once - is this unusual?

Sculptra

+1

Two vials for the initial treatment is fine.  It sounds like you have some bruising from the injections which are common and will go away over the next few weeks.  Hopefully a little make-up can help to minimize the appearance of the bruising. 

Sculptra two vials

+1

Two vials at the intial treatment is completely appropriate. You have some bruising which will go away over the next several weeks. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Two vials 1st visit are necessary on older patients

+1

In my practice, the average 60+ year old needs 6-8 vials over 12 months. Of course, everyone is different. I do think 2 vials to start was CORRECT. The effect (which takes several months to be appreciated) lasts 2 years or more.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Anatomy rather than age determines if you are a good Sculptra candidate

+1

Sculptra Aesthetic is now approved in the USA for cosmetic use in adult patients of all ages.

However it is best suited for patients who have volumn loss with good skin elasticity.

If a face really needs a face-lift, it usually is not the right way to go.

However in patients who have had a prior lift, it will often do more for them than another lift because it can be used to correct the loss of fat in the central portion of the face.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can be used on patients who are 66+

+1

Bruising for up to two weeks can occur after volume augmentation. Sculptra can be used on patients 66 and older provided their medical condition does not pose a concern.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.