I am 66 years old and I hate the sagging on my neck and jowl area. What treatment do you suggest?

I am not looking for anything to make me look 35, but would like to look 10 years younger.what do you suggest would be good for me. thank you.

66-year-old sagging neck and jowl area

+2
At 66 years of age, it is  the normal aging process to have jowls and sagging facial and neck skin. A comprehensive lower face and neck lift will address tightening the muscles in the neck, lifting the jowls, tightening the facial muscles, and removal of  fatty deposits in the neck and conservatively tightening neck and facial skin. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo  Gallery

Lower facelift and neck lift with platysmaplasty is best option for jowls and sagging neck

+1
A lower facelift and neck lift with platysmaplasty is a good option to correct jowls and sagging neck.  However be aware that your surgeon may decide to extend your lift to the mid face and upper face so that harmony between the 3 regions of your face is achieved.  The 3 regions are your upper face midface lower face and neck.  They must be an harmony for you to look the best.  When a neck lift and lower facelift is done to correct jowls and neck, is common to also lift the mid face and cheeks.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Face and neck lift techniques for facial laxity

+1
Based on your description, as reasonable approach would be a face and neck lift that would address the jowling and neck laxity that you describe. Skin excess would be addressed during this procedure as well. The addition of fat grafting to the midface often helps to improve overall facial youthfulness.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Lower face-neck lift for 66 year old

+1
Lower face-neck lift for 66 year old
From your limited description it appears that you would benefit from a lower face-neck lift. In my practice a patient with your presentation get a significant rejuvenating effect from this procedure with rather rapid recovery. Seek out an experienced and talented surgeon for in person consultation. Review the surgeon’s before and after photos to assess the type of results that you might expect for yourself.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fix sagging face

+1
  • You are describing the features that are usually very well corrected with a lower face and neck lift,
  • eye lid surgery, fat transplants and skin can be added, if needed,
  • Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - or several - to find the one whose approach most to you. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
What you have described is normal aging.  You sound like an excellent candidate for a facelift, which includes face and neck.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation, and to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sagging skin

+1
Without a photo it is difficult to advise; but most patients your age and complaint need a face and neck lift. See a board certified surgeon for an evaluation. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

+1
Thank you for your question, but a specific answer cannot be given without a clinical examination (best) or at least a photograph.

With that being said, the tradition approach is a face/neck lift surgically in many cases. However, lesser invasive procedures such as RadioFrequency tightening may help if the skin tone is still fairly good.

A new minimally invasive procedure that can be performed in the office under local anesthesia is ThermiGen. This uses RF energy with temperature controlled heating of the skin from below (not above like the noninvasive forms) monitored by a thermal camera. It is showing superior results compared to the noninvasive forms. 

I would suggest you consult with a surgeon with extensive experience in surgical and non-surgical techniques to find the best procedure for your concerns. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Traditional face and neck lift is your best bet for sagging neck and jowls

+1
Pictures would help greatly, but this is an aging face condition that is best addressed surgically. Traditional face and neck lift techniques, possibly with other complementary procedures ( laser resurfacing, fillers or fat transfer) address this area best. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who perform this procedure frequently.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hate neck and jowl area

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Unfortunately without a photo or a thorough examination there is no way to provide you with definitive advice. To treat the things that you mentioned bother you, you would likely need a face/neck lift. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD