Is 650cc Silicone too Big For My Frame? 5'8, 133 lbs, have 390cc Now.

I have 390 saline cc and Im going to get them redone on March 22nd. I wanna go silicone and 650. Is that to big? Im 5'8 and 133 pounds. Im tall, thin, toned and Im in great shape cause I work out.

Bigger implants

+2

Without examining you it is difficult to be sure, but if you have 390cc now, then going to 650+/- should be ok. Silicone is better choice for larger implants.

Good luck.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

"Too big" is a subjective decision not made by the plastic surgeon but by the patient for breast implant exchange.

+1

Some women want large breasts and that is their business.  The plastic surgeon's responsibility is to make sure the new implants do violate the anatomic borders of the breast.  When implants are quite large, silicone gel is usually a preferable choice.

Are 650cc Breast Implants Too Big?

+1

It would be impossible for anyone to say whether 650cc would be too big for your frame based on the information that you provided. Going from 390cc to 650ccs  is a 40% increase in breast implant volume which will clearly make for a visible size difference. If going with silicone, be certain that you are getting high profile implants so they do not end up going too far to the side. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Implant choice

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what would be best for you.  With revision, and going to a mcuh larger implalnt may increase your risk of early problems.

Revision size

+1

Without a physical exam, it is impossible to give you perfect advice, just guidelines.  The weight of your 390 cc saline, is about 410 grams (as they don't weigh the shell of the implant with the size).  So you are going roughly a cup and a half bigger (I use 150cc per cup size as a rule of thumb).  I do that frequently in my practice, but not without significant counseling before hand.  It sounds like more than most women think that it is after they are in.  This is a common size change in my practice in southern California.  Good luck.

Dan Mills, MD

It's a matter of opinion

+1

You are tall enough for large breasts, if that's what you want.  You need to talk to your surgeon to determine if it is too big for your chest.  You can try some sizers in your bra to determine which size you like, or you can bring some photos from plastic surgery sites showing your surgeon what you expect.  Also remember, as you get older with  large breasts, you may be very uncomfortable.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and/or a detailed communication regarding your goals.

It will be important to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons  for direct examination and a full discussion of your goals in order to determine what size, type and profile of breast implants  will be “the way to go”.  

The first step is to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons;  do your due diligence and select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

In my practice, with the goal of improving communication, I ask patients to bring in photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you have found a surgeon who you feel comfortable can achieve your goals, have communicated your goals clearly, you may feel comfortable in allowing him/her to choose  beat breast implant size/profile that will best achieve your goals.  In my practice, this decision is made intraoperatively.