How Do I Know if 650cc is too Big for Me? (photo)

Thanks for all the doctors advice. I went to my doctor and told him I want to go 650 cc and he said thats big. But when I tried on a 350cc implants over my 390 cc saline I have now it didnt seem much larger. I really wish I knew if I was going to big. I hate my 390 cc now. To small. How do I know if Im going to big? Im 5'8 thin size 3 pants. fit cause i work out 5 days a week. im 390 cc saline and going 650 silicone. high profile

Achieving Desired Breast Size with Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Sometimes it is difficult to predict exactly what breast implant size/profile will best achieve the patient's goals. Often, I make this decision during surgery.  Obviously, careful communication with the patient is critical prior to surgery.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Picking a larger size

+1
Too big or too small is subjective. However, based on your chest and breast dimensions and the size and style of implant that is best for you can be determined in consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure your don't pick an implant that the base width is wider than your breast width. Otherwise you are more likely to see or feel rippling or implants may get in the way of arm motions.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Size can be difficult to predict

+1

Size can be difficult to predict beforehand. My video below is of a patient in whom I replaced 350's with 750's a few years ago. On her frame they don't look too big. On most others they would have. It is a judgement call.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon