I Am 64y/o. Is It Still Possible to Have an Abdominoplasty Done at my Age?

Tummy Tuck for a 64 year old

+1

If you are in good health you should be fine to have an abdominoplasty. I have had patients older than you that have done very well. be sure that you pick a Board Certified Plastic surgeon who uses a Board Certified Anesthesiologist and you should be fine. Good luck!

Tummy tuck

+1

First i need to know if you suffer some disease, do you smooke? Are you taking some medication?\, and i need to see some pics of you too.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Abdominoplasty perfectly acceptable in a healthy 64-year-old.

+1

Age is not a specific contraindication to abdominoplasty. It is a significant operation but if the patient is in good health there's no contraindication to it.

When are you too old for a tummy tuck?

+1

Chronological age is not as important as physiologic age.  I have seen people in their 70's who are in great shape, and people in their 40's who are in terrible shape.  The one thing that is hard to change though is the condition of the skin as we age.  There is less elastic tissue in older skin, and so the results of a tummy tuck inherently may not be as good. The best answer to your question would come from a plastic surgeon who has examined you. Good luck

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck and Age

+1

Certainly at age 64 you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck. Physiologic age and health are far more important in determining if you are a good candidate rather than chronologic age. A board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise an body contouring should be able to tell you what you can expect from a tummy tuck and if you are a good candidate. Safety and low risk for complications are the most important considerations in this type of surgery. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

No absolute age limit for aesthetic surgery.

+1

Your physiologic age is the most important criterium.  If you are  64 yo with no significant health problems you are a better candidate than a 30 yo with diabetes and a bad heart.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Age not as important as medical condition

+1

If you are healthy and not obese, your odds of a successful procedure are enhanced. This is something that you will not determine online. Your plastic surgeon can go over this with you.

I have had patients of this age do this procedure without complication but patient selection is important.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Too old for a tummy tuck

+1

In my opinion, 64 is not too old for a tummy tuck.  What is more important is that you review your medical history with your plastic surgeon to make sure that there are not any other health considerations which might preclude elective surgery.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Too Old for Abdominoplasty

+1

No you are not too old for an abdominoplasty as long as your overall health is good.   Being older does increase your risk for a blood clot so it is very important that your are in great physical shape and continue to talk immediately postop. Good luck!

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Age and Tummy Tuck

+1

You are not too old for a tummy tuck. What is more important is your overall health status. Please visit with a board certified ASPS member surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS