63 Years Old with Overbite and Teeth Crowding on Bottom?

I'm a 63 year old woman with a significant overbite that I've had all my life. My bottom teeth especially seem to be moving towards the center so there is now a space on both sides that traps food - a significant space on the left side. The bottom center few teeth are also starting to overlap although they are not yet very crooked. I'd like to deal with this before it gets worse. Can Invisalign help? thanks - Shelli

It's never too late for Invisalign especially for crowding and movement of lower anterior (bottom front) teeth!

+1

It is very common for lower anterior (bottom front) teeth to shift and many times become more crowded, and develop space on the sides of the lower canines, as you get older. This shifting of teeth, along with a preexisting overbite is an relatively easy condition that can be corrected by Invisalign. Another benefit is the improvement to your periodontal (gum) condition as a result of better alignment of your teeth.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

63 year old Woman with Overbite

+1

Very hard to answer this question without seeing photos and X-rays, but it does sound like Invisalign can help close the food traps and correct the crowding. See an Invisalign doctor for a final determination.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist