Rhino/Septo and then a Tip Revision? (photo)

Hi! I had a rhino/septo done in Oct. 2011 and then a tip revision done in August 2012. My nose looks awful:( It looks humped up towards the tip and swollen. It almost feels taffy like-like there's no bone or cartilage left on the end of it. And the dorsal hump is back:( I'm a grateful, recovering alcoholic(I'll have 6 years this Oct.) who has struggled with my profile my whole life and now I'm so disappointed with my outcome. What can be done? This is so disheartening to me:( Thanks Much- Deb E.

Get another opinion from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

I agree that your results are suboptimal, and another revision will be needed. If you do not trust your first surgeon, you should seek one or more second opinions from experienced rhinoplasty surgeons to discuss options.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Rhinoplasty Results

+1

I agree with your evaluation of your nose. Share your dissatisfaction with your surgeon and get a second opinion re revision surgery. Unfortunately another revision will be necessary. 

Unhappy After #Rhinoplasty

+1

From the side the bump on the bridge appears to persist. Without preop photos, we cannot give you a full answer but you are a candidate for a revision. The "feel" of the nose can only be assessed after being seen in person to better determine the cause. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in revision nasal surgery in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD