Is 62 Too Old for Invisalign?

Am I too old, at 62, to undergo Invisalign treatment for crowding?

Age is not an obstacle to Invisalign

+1

Invisalign treatment was developed initially for adult orthodontics.  I have treated 65 year old and people who are older than that have done so successfully.  By straightening your teeth you are creating a more favorable environment in you mouth for maintaining healthy gum.  Enjoy the results!

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Does Invisalign have an upper age limit?

+1

Th eanswer is NO. I have treated a lady of 75 years of age and the teeth still moved with Invisalign.

However cleaning can become more difficult with our older patients.

Dr R Kumar BDSLDSRCS

London Cosmetic Dentist

62 is a fine age for Dental Improvements

+1

Teeth are in a constant state of motion so we can move them at any age. You should go to a preferred provider and get a consultation as to how long it would take to get the results you need.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign shouldn't do any damage and may in fact cure some problems

+1

Invisalign is appropriate for anyone who has all their permanent teeth. That said it may have its limitations and full braces may be a better treatment, so you need an evaluation to determine if your case would be good. Straightening the teeth may actually cure some minor periodontitis which a lot of older people tend to develop over their life.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign at 62 is not too old - with one precaution

+1

I have done Invisalign for several people over 60 with great results! As long as an Invisalign doctor feels you meet the criteria, it should be a great way to go. One word of caution though. We would want to check your medical history to be sure you are not taking any bisphosphonate prescription medication like Fosamax or Boniva. It is a common medication for post-menopausal females to help stop bone loss. The problem is that it also will not allow teeth to move, as the bone will not turn over and repair. There are ways around it though with your orthodontist working with your physician.

Good luck!

Atlanta Orthodontist

Absolutely not, 62 is not too old for Invisalign

+1

Absolutely not! 62 is not too old to have Invisalign treatment. Of course you need to consult with your dentist and see if you are a good candidate for Invisalign. The deciding factors are not based on age. You are never to old to improve your smile!

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign has virtually NO age limits

+1

People are keeping their teeth much longer today, so questions about "age appropriate treatment" is common. While some people have wondered if they should treat their smile at their age, those that have stated that it was one of the best things they did for themselves and wished they had done it sooner.

Your dentist can help determine if gum disease is present and active, and if all is well, there should be no issue with doing Invisalign at age 62. Straight teeth can improve periodontal health by making it easier to clean and maintain.

Web reference: http://www.BestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist