I'm 6'1", 155lbs, and Very Athletic. My Dr. Recommended I Go with 475cc. Will This Size Interfere With My Triathlons? (photo)

I am a 6'1" and weigh 155lbs, I have had 3 kids and am very athletic, my doctor recommends that I go with a 475cc implant, I know I have a big frame but will these be too big and weigh to much? I am a triathlete and love to run. I don't want to have back problems because of the implants.

Support required after breast augmentation

+1

A 475 cc implant weighs about 1 lb.  The addition of 2 lbs. will not interfere with triathlons.  However, it will require you to wear a support bra and yours breasts will descend in time secondary to the increased weight and motion.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

I fyou are unsure of the volume that you want, do a baggy test at home by putting that volume in a bag and place them in a loose fitting bra . The put on a tight T-shirt.  This will give you a rough idea of the size on you.

I'm 6'1", 155lbs, and Very Athletic. My Dr. Recommended I Go with 475cc. Will This Size Interfere With My Triathlons?

+1

Based upon your photo posted I believe that size is "just right". But it is a very personal decision between you and your chosen surgeon, not us internet docs who do not know you. Run away with it, break your best time Good luck!

Are 475 implants too large for triathlons ? (photo)

+1

The answer is NO, but you will need to adjust your gear.  The dimensions of the implant must match your base breast width, and are more important than volume.  Because you are broad, 475cc probably represents moderate or mid-range profile.  Your nipples are lateralized, and ribs angled obliquely off toward the sides.  Wide implants are needed to prevent midline diastasis (separation) between medial (inner) margin of implants, and an excessive intermammary distance.  Most of the volume of your implant should be consumed by their width, not their projection.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast implant size

+1

The reason someone has a breast augmentation is for the "look" The size and style of the implant to create that look is then evaluated and the downsides are discussed. Generally, the larger the implant the more "issues"; activity interference, drooping, thinning of the breast tissue, etc. You really cannot evaluate these based on the size of the implant and patient alone. The ultimate decision is arrived at by discussion between the patient and the plastic surgeon.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Beast implant size at 6'1"

+1

An in person consolation is always the best way to go but from your photo and ht/wt that implant size should be very reasonable. Remember that a breast implant is positioned very close to your core and after you recover will be very stable and much less bouncy and troublesome with exercise than a similar sized natural breast. Good luck! Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

It will be very difficult (and potentially confusing to you) for any online consultant  to give you better advice that you will receive from a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who has seen you in person  and had the opportunity to discuss your goals in detail.

Generally, I suggested patients concentrate on finding a well experienced plastic surgeon who they trust will do a good job for them. Then, I suggest careful communication  in regards to what the patient is trying to achieve.  Once this communication takes place your plastic surgeon will be in a much better position to determine breast implant size than any online consultant will be.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful  in the communication process..   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup”  etc. mean different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Correct implant size

+1

My biggest concern is that with three children and your devotion to triathlons, that your breasts will sag from the bouncing incurred during the exercise routine. I do not think the implant size is too large for a person of your height and weight though.

Julio Garcia, MD