I'm a 6'1, 27 Year Old, Female Who Weights 232 Lbs After Losing 73lbs. Is a Mommy Makeover Unrealistic?

I'm a 6'1, 27 year old, female who weights 232 lbs. The majority of my weight is hanging on my abdomen and sides. I do cardio almost everyday and I'm in considerably good shape for my weight-as I've been an athete for the majority of my life. Although I've never had children, the massive weight gain and loss has caused my skin to lose it's elasticity. Is it practical to think that a tummy tuck and breast implants will make my stomach and chest look "normal" again at my present weight?

Body contouring after weight loss

+3

Congrats on your weight loss.  Based on what you describe, you may benefit from a body lift.

A body lift generally refers to a procedure known as a belt lipectomy a.k.a. circumferential body lift. These procedures are usually tailored for a patient who has experience significant weight loss. These procedures are designed to recontour the entire waist and lower trunk.

They include 3 procedures:

Tummy TuckWaist lift/lateral thigh lift
buttock liftMany of my female patients who have lost volume in the their buttocks also option for buttock augmentation using their own tissue (auto-augmentation). These procedures are all very powerful. But the basic principle applies - you must accept some degree of scar for better form.

The good news - we strive to hide the scar in your waist/bikini line.

Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Normal again

+2

Only you know what is normal for your expectations. Photos would help but I suspect you would benefit from tummy tuck surgery to remove the abdominal apron. I do not know the condition of your breasts but it is possible to combine the tummy tuck surgery with breast lift, implants or reduction.

Weight Loss and Mommy Makeover Surgery

+2

Good work on the exercise. You should be commended and continue at it. Despite your weight you should be able to get significant improvement with a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast lift or reduction. Your result will be even better if you are able to get down closer to your ideal body weight.

The ideal person for a Mommy Makeover

+2

It sounds as though you're probably okay for a Mommy Makeover, but consult with your plastic surgeon and internal medicine doctors to make sure you're a good candidate for surgery.

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

Body contouring after weight loss

+2

Without seeing any pictures it is difficult to make any conclusions, however in general I would recommend further weight loss, then a tummy tuck to address your hanging weight.  For your breasts you most likely would need a lift as well.  Once again, without pictures it is difficult to advise you correctly.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Realistic goal for mommy makeover

+2

It is great that you have lost 73 lbs already!  I think you should continue to lose some more weight.  Once you lose about 30-40 lbs more and have that weight stable for at least 6 months, you should consider mommy makeover at that time.  Go visit with plastic surgeon and ask her/him what kind of mommy makeover would give you the best possible contour.  It may be that breast aug with/without lift and tummy tuck/bodylift.  Good luck to you.

Body contouring and weight loss

+2

That is fantastic that you lost so much weight.  But, to get the best result you can, you may want to lose a bit more and then go ahead with the procedures.  Your result will most likley be better.

Mommy Makeover and massive weight loss.

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss!  With the statistics you have shared you are a candidate for surgery without excess risk. You should consider a lower body-lift and probably some liposuction to really address your figure concerns. A tummy tuck will only address the excess skin you have in the front and not the sides and back where you undoubtedly also have excess skin as anyone who has lost 73lbs would have.  The surgery will make you look like you have lost 40lbs although the actual amount of weight you lose with the surgery will be much less. You should expect an excellent result. Good Luck.

Close but not quite there: preparing for breast augmentation & tummy tuck

+2

At your height, your ideal body weight is somewhere in the range of 165 pounds to 185 lbs. I know this shound unrealistic but even at the upper range you are nearly 50 lbs above that limit. It is highly unlikely that your excess skin weighs 50 lbs. Therefore, I would encourage you to lose more weight priro to any surgery in order to achieve a more reaslistc result.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/other-procedures-chicago/labiaplasty-and-mommy-makeover/

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

+2

Tummy tucks and breast augmentations are designed to give you the result you are looking for. It will remove the access skin that will not tighten with exercise and it will give the breasts the fullness they lost when you lost the weight. It is possible to achieve the look you are going for. A mommy makeover is nothing more than several procedures done together. Discuss with your surgeon your risks and be clear about your goals after surgery.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.