600cc Implants to Big for Me?

hi i am currently 34a and i want to achieve e cup minimum. i am 5ft 8 and weigh 9 stone i have had 5 children i recently met a surgeon he said my breasts are not saggy they are empty though from stretching through pregnancy. i have been told to have overs high profile and i have tried on sizers 415 - 520cc but i feel i would like bigger. would 600cc be to much for me or would i need 600 to achieve e cup? the surgeon i met was vague on what size i would turn out to be.

Smaller implants are better

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  A 34 E would require 400 cc implants, 600 cc’s are too big.  I recommend retro-pectoral placement of the implants since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  Your breasts are empty so you are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumaroela incision it is possible to excise your excess stretched out skin, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants placed retro-pectoral are more stable long term, look and feel more natural, less likely to ripple and less likely to have complications that need revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

600cc Implants to Big for Me?

+1

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your post.  Size is all about support.  A 600cc implant may be extremely will tolerated in one woman, and very poorly tolerated in a similarly sized woman.  It depends on quality of the tissue, and support.  An in person exam is needed for this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

If you want large breasts, a 600 cc size may be right for you.

+1

Most plastic surgeons will tell you that 600 cc is very large and risky, perhaps distorting your tissues.  I used to feel this way myself.  Not any more.  I investigated all my patients over a period of 10 years and found that women with large implants did not have a greater risk of complications after all (and none of them has returned to have me switch them out for smaller ones).  You did not send photos, but after 5 children your breasts may be stretched enough to allow insertion of 600 cc implants (that determination needs to be made in person by your surgeon).  Be sure your surgeon is comfortable with large implant sizes.  If not, consider another surgeon.  Otherwise you will be having two operations, which is of course more costly.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

600 cc implant translates into what cup size?

+1

Nothing causes more anxiety than cup size.  An implant size can be recommended to you but it requires a physical examination to determine if it is the right size, base diameter, volume and projection to meet your expectations.  Trying on sizers at least gets you in the ball park, 3D imaging also is a great asset when determining breast implant size and style. A 600 cc implant will take you up 2 to 3 cup sizes.  Remember that an implant only makes you a bigger  version of yourself.  

Is a 600 cc Breast implant too big

+1

A 600 cc breast implant is big. It is important to consider whether the soft tissues that support the breast implant are robust and strong to do so. Other wise the  implant will win and start moving down. The example I give my patients who request very large implants is that of the warning inside an elevator that states the limit on the number of passengers and or the maximum weight that is deemed safe. Your Surgeon was vague because it it impossible to be say how a 600 cc implant will look. My other suggestion is to try out computerised imaging like VECTRA to get a good visual

Hope this is useful

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Cup size is an imprecise way to determine breast volume.

+1

A 600 mL implant is quite large and will make you very busty. Whether or not this translates into an E cup is almost impossible to say. Cup size is a variable.

Beware Of Large Implants

+1

600cc implants are quite large and would be associated with an increase in a number of possible problems including capsular contracture, bottoming out, implant malposition, etc.  Your surgeon's vagueness regarding the exact cup size is appropriate since no surgeon can guarantee the post-op cup size.

John Whitt, MD

Selecting breast implant size is a process

+1

Your surgeon was right to be vague about the size that you would turn out to be with 600 cc implants because there is really no good way to know this up front.  Furthermore, depending upon the type of bra that you select, your size may vary from one manufacturer or one design to the next.  That is why the best thing to do is actually try on the sizers and determine if the size of the BREASTS themselves suits you, and if so, whatever bra works with them is the size for you.  What it actually is is immaterial except for helping you to purchase more of the same kind of bra in the future.  You have tried on 415 - 520 cc, why not try on 600 cc?  If you do, and you like them, go with that size implant, and then have your breasts sized postoperatively so that you can get bras to fit properly.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with very specific advice. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “E cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.