600cc Implant On My Frame?

Hi DR'sI have a question. Today I went for my preop appt. and decided on 600cc saline mp. I am 5'2 approx 117 to120lbs. My chest measurement is approx 14.5 and I am currently a size A. Please give me some feedback on the size I have chosen. I am feeling maybe I should go to about 550cc! Do you think I can get away with the 600cc implant. I am a mommy of 2 babies and I don't want to look trashy!

600cc Implant Size

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant Selection Process

+1

Larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

600 cc implants rarely fits

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to make more beautiful breasts.  If you are a size 32 or 34 then each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  600 cc implants will take you from an A to G, which would look inappropriate.  If you are a size 36 or 38 then each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  600 cc implants will take you up 3 cup sizes, which would be approximately a D.  The best position for an implant is retro-pectoral which means you must be able to accommodate an implant that large behind your muscle.  In my experience, I have never been able to place a 600 cc implant in a patient at the first surgery.  You need to rethink the size.  Size is on component of a beautiful breast.  Other components are just as important; symmetry, shape, position on the chest wall, skin tone and cleavage.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Not enough information

+1

You would need to be seen by me to give you an opinion. 600cc is a big implant, perhaps it is ok and perhaps it is not. It is a judgement call and you would need to be seen for any of us to give you reasonable advice.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

600 cc breast implants are huge for almost any woman.

+1

Hi.

My general advice is: don't do it!.  400 cc's is probably the safe limit for you.  Huge implants stretch the tissues and age very badly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

600 cc implants on small frame

+1

Without measuring your chest, I can not really say, but I doubt based upn your size and weight that your chest diameter is 14.5 cms wide.  I think 550 or 600 will probably be too large for your frame and will likely lead to early problems.  Of course, an exam is essential.

600 ccs is a rather large implant

+1
Every geographical part of the US has different perceived sizes. The implants you proposed are quite large. With size, there is more concern about stretching of the areolae, the effects of gravity and postop pain from putting a bigger implant under the muscle. I do not think these size implants will produce anything but a fake look.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Beware Of Excessively Large Implants

+1

Although it depends on the look that you are seeking, 600cc implants in your case will almost certainly give you the "fake look".  If you want a more natural look, you should select a significantly smaller implant.

John Whitt, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best  online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “trashy” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.