Will 600cc High Profile Cause Problems?

i am 5'9" weigh 135ibs, i had a breast augmentation 1 year ago and am not pleased with how they turned out. i wanted them to be round and high but instead they are teardrop shaped. my implant is 350cc moderate+ filled to 400. i'm wanting to get a reaug and am considering doing 600cc high profile implants. would i have any problems or complications going to that size of implant?

Risks of a larger sized breast implant

+1

Yes, this is a larger than average breast implant.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

600 cc implants

+1

First, before going to a larger implant like this one, a proper exam is in order to see the chest wall dimensions and to assess your soft tissue coverage.

600 cc High Profile Breast Implant

+1

It is not uncommon to place 600cc or larger breast implants. This is especially true in cities like Las Vegas. You definitely need to consider your breast dimensions and tissue characteristics. Irreversible tissue thinning can happen with any breast implant size, but tends to be more common the bigger your go. I have several patients with 800 cc gel implants who have outstanding results and do not have isues with thining skin. It is best to consult with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Going larger after first breast augmentation

+1

It really depends on the width and height of your chest.  You are tall, which helps, but if you have a narrow and short chest, with thin skin, an implant which is larger than your body will be more noticeable and "unnatural" in its look and behavior.

If you like the unnatural look, then you will be happy.  In my experience, however, patients are happier when the implant sits and acts more like a natural breast.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Large sized breast implants

+1

No, I have increased the size much greater than that. However, you may need some sort of uplift of your breasts.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

The elusive quest for "high and tight"

+1

Many women idealize a round, high and tight breast, however keeping that "perfect" look is difficult because gravity tends to win.  The width of your chest (hemithorax) should ideally match the footprint of the implant and because the "high profile" saline implants are more narrow, the larger volume may still be appropriate.  Nevertheless, over time, the overlying tissues, muscles, breast tissue and skin get expanded or stretch, enlarging the space.  Realizing that the chest wall is not a flat platform, but rather curved, eventually all implants dislocate down and out, (toward the armpits).  These common trends should be factored into your decision making process, as strictly speaking, they constitute "long term" problems of large implants. 

Bigger is not Better

+1

Larger implants over time can cause tissue stretching and thinning.  This occurs over time.  It is very difficult to keep the implants high and round for a lifetime.

Dr. ES

Larger implants can cause more soft tissue problems

+1

There is no dividing line between an implant that is too large and an implant that is not going to have any possible problem.  With your height I can see why you would like to have a larger implant.  Hopefully, the initial implant was placed under the muscle so you will have more adequate tissue to hold the implant.   You may need some pocket modifications when you get the new implants.   With out pictures I can only guess but it sound like the right thing to do to get the look you want.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

600cc High Profile Cause Problems

+1

Same complications as with any exchange of implants + difficulty in closure must be addressed. You posted no photos so all our responses are purely guesses. 

Please send pictures

+1

To provide better evaluation and recommendation, pictures will help. In geneeral bigger implants will cause thinning of the breast tissue in long run, more sagging because of the weight and also more shifting to the axilla.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon