Tell Me 600 Wont Take Me Past DD, Plz?

ok im freaking out here. I am 5'7", 140lbs, 34A. 30in around rib cage. I wear med-large dress tops. W29/L35 in jeans. I have hips and a rather large booty. Plz tell me what you think i tried on 550cc and 600cc silicone. I liked the way they looked in sizers with my shirt on. Im just hoping there not to big. Will 600cc be to big for my body? I do not want any bigger than DD. I am also going over the muscle.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

600cc implants

+1

Thanks for your question.  Implant size is always a very personal choice.  There are no absolute answers as it depends on your personal decision once you have been properly informed and educated by your surgeon.  Having said that I would say that 600cc implants placed on top of the muscle are on the large end of the spectrum.  The average implant placed by all the various surgeons on all the various patients here in Phoenix, AZ is 375cc.  I would say that is a larger size than in other parts of the country.  600cc is considerably larger and will likely put you well into the DD range if not larger.  I certainly can't say for certain without a physical exam but that would be my initial thoughts.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

600 cc too large

+1

If you are size 34 A, each 100 cc's corresponds to 1 cup size change.  600 cc implants will increase you 6 sizes to a DDDD, which is more than you desire.  You are making 2 mistakes.  The first mistake is the implants are too big.  The second mistake is putting the implants in front of the muscle.  Implants in front of the muscle, particularly that size, will descend from the weight (more than 1 lb).  You will need a revision as the breasts progressively move down your chest wall.  The other complication from implants in front of the muscle is increased rate of capsular contracture.  The preferred technique is retro-pectoral.  However, 600 cc's would NEVER fit behind your muscle.  You need to revise your plan and discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

600cc Implants

+1

Be careful!  There is no reliable correlation betwen implant size and bra size.  Much depends on the amount of skin and your body stature.  Any implant will look different on a lady 5'2" and another lady 5'10".  The choice of implant should depend on a careful examination by a qualified practitioner.

Stephen E. Zucker, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

600cc implants

+1

Assuming that your chest and breasts size are correct, 600cc will bring you , roughly,  to a 34DD size. If that is what you want, you should be happy.

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1

Sizing is as much of an art as a science.  Try the sizers on underneath your favorite fitted blouse to get a more realistic idea of how you will look in clothes.  600 cc is a large implant size and I share the concern that it could be too wide for your chest.  Concentrate on the right fit and not on artificial sizes such as D or DD.  No two bra manufacturers use the same measurements and the labels may be a distraction from your real goals.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

It might be true, a DD after augmentation

+1

Of course you know that you cannot 'try on' a breast implant and read off the size. If only things were that easy. The 600cc implant is full, though we have no way to know if the size is right for you. The DD just might be in your future. If this is not what you want, be sure to show your surgeon the right look for you.

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

I would suggest that you take a deep breath and do the following to help you avoid “freaking out”.

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, the next step would be to to communicate your goals  carefully with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DD” or "rather large booty" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Keep in mind, also that the most common regret after this operation is “I wish I was bigger”.

600 cc too large???

+1

Those sound like really large implants given the measurements you have revealed. 

Ideally, the implants should not be wider than your breast--your surgeon can help with the measurement. Your breast tissue must be lax enough to accommodate than size--again, your surgeon can advise you and help. 

Your post-op size won't be larger than the size when you try these--implants on. There is no fixed cup size definition. If this size is what you want, and your surgeon feels that the implants fit your anatomy, concentrate on that rather than on cup size. Good luck.