Will 600 cc silicone implants be proportionate to my body? (photo)

My BA is November 22nd. Doc took my measurements and recommended a 500cc MP or a 600cc HP. The 500cc MP looked to small and flat for what I was wanting, but my husband thought the 600cc looked too big and the PS said it would easily make me a DD. It looked good to me, but Im afraid Im misjudging and it'll be too large. I would like to be a full D. PS doesnt want to stray too far from those sizes because of diameter. I am 6' tall and 150lbs, but normally around 130lbs. (Just had a baby 8mos. ago)

600 cc will be pretty big on you!

+2

Hollyg: While it is true that taller women can carry larger implants 600 cc is still going to be pretty big on your frame. I would think about the 450 to 500 cc range would be as large as I would recommend. Having said that, if you want to be quite large I don't believe the 600s would be out of the question. They may present some difficulties later in life if you decide you want to be smaller but I don't believe they will create a disaster. In the end, you should do what YOU want to do.

Best of luck to you!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will 600 cc silicone implants be proportionate to my body?

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

BBA

+1

I rarely say this but in this case 600cc is far too large. Please get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Please. I would hate to learn that you went forward with that size and ruined your breasts.

+1

I personally doubt based upon the posted photos you could have 600 cc implans place. But best to obtain INPERSON second opinions..

Too large of an implant

+1

I agree, 600 cc is much too large for you anatomy based on the pictures you provided. In fact, anything above 400 would be a concern for me.

Akron Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. You have to match expectations with what is surgically possible and what will give you a long term good result. I personally think that in your case based only on photos and without the advantage of chest wall, breast measurements, even 500cc implants will destroy your breasts. Yes, any one can place 600, 800, 1,000cc implants. You have to understand, that large implants will cause more tissue thinning, stretching, rippling, contractures and ultimately will make you a "breast cripple" requiring multiple corrective surgeries. Ultimately, it is your decision, but I want you to think long term, beyond 6 months. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

600 cc implants

+1

I do not think that is the adequate choice , In this days the use of big implants are reserved for porno stars not only for apparence if not, also for the damage and deformation of your own tissues as the result of heavy implants pressing the tissues , we have to be very carefull as Plastic surgeons to preserve the normal anatomic structures. When we are looking for aesthetic results there many things to keep in mind not only the wish of the patients , we have to transmite our personnal experience letting know others the best option with lower risks . I think 475 cc implants will be great not bigger than because your skin can develop strech marks in a short period time and other later consequences as rib deformation and atrophy of pectoralis muscle

600 cc ?

+1

I think it will be way too big! This will not be in my opinion a good natural look. Your will likely have problems with such big implants for your frame. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

600 cc implants

+1

Thanks for your question. 600 cc implants are really big. If you want to make a big statement then these implants are for you. These would be perfect for someone from southern california but not for someone from new england. best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon