Is 600 cc high profile implants to big on a 5'5 130lb frame?

I am 25 years old and have 2 kids after my first child I lost all my breast tissue and had my first augmentation in 2006. 390cc saline is what I have. Since I am replacing them now, I have extra skin from my second baby but no sagging just want a bigger outcome  but dont wanna look like a porn star.

I was told 550 high profile was all I could get and 600cc wouldn't fit my chest by one doctor and the other told me I could fit 700cc. Which one should I listen to?

IT'S TOO MUCH

+4

Thank you for your question "YoungMomOf2Girls". I think that there are nor "rules" in breast implant surgery.

I would like to give you my opinion (considering that the unique problem at this moment is volume and not other..(f.e. sagging):

• Attending to the "average" size we use in breast augmentation (in Spain), 550-700cc implants size is too much.
  • Attending  to your height (5,5ft=167cms) and weight (130lbs=59Kgs) I think implant size is quite large.

But appart from this 2 facts, the most important things making your decission are:

• What do you really want (if technically possible)?...your new bra size would be almost twice than in 2006.
  • As your "maximum basal prosthese diameter" surely had been reached in your 2006 augmentation mammoplasty (for example 12,5cms -4.92 inches-), your new "augmentation mammoplasty project" (both 550-700) will increase the "PROJECTION" without altering width and height of the implant base... This usually is not an aesthetically pleasant result.
  • Which are your expectations in a near future?...you will need more surgeries due to the excess size...

CONCLUSION: It's a personal choice -if technically it's possible-. I recommend you not to exceed 450grs.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

+3

There is not a correct size of implant for your height and weight, but there are limits to how large an implant can get without looking obviously "done". I can not tell you what that limit would be in your specific case without doing some measurements, but in general, if the implant diameter exceeds the base diameter of the natural breast it will start to look "done" no matter how carefully it is positioned. If this is a look that you prefer, then it is not dangerous to pursue it.

Mark Preston, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Problems with larger breast implants

+2

Dear Young mom of two girls,

Generally speaking any volume will fit.  What you need to consider is the unintended consequences of large high profile implants on your breast soft tissue envelope.  On the short term all will be fine.  On the long term I would expect attenuation or thinning of your breast tissue which is irreversible and can be devastating.

There are some patients who can do well with larger implants but usually over the time the changes are significant to your detriment.  My habit would be to accept a lesser volume implant and tighten you breast skin envelope to fit.

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Is a 600CC hi profile implant too big

+2

There are many factors that are used to determine an implant size.  If the goal is proportion then the chest width, that is the measurement from the breast bone to the side  of the chest is useful. This may be the measurement that your doctors are using when they tell you that a bigger implant won't fit or look natural.    The high profile implants are a little narrower but they have more projection.  That means that they won't extend too much to the side but they will make up for it by sticking out more in front.  Very large implants are rarely recommended by PS's because of long term issues such as streching or sagging caused by the heavy weight of the implant on your tissues, but that being said, the difference between the 550 and the 700CC hi profile implants is 1/4 inch in width.  If very large breasts are your goal, then any of those implants can be made to fit, and can look good.  good luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Huge Implants

+1

550 - 600 cc implants are very large implants for anyone, particularly someone your size.  I would submit that you are already paying the price for large implants the first time.  Switching to silicone implants should make your breasts feel softer, but a dramatic size increase at this point will further atrophy your soft tissues in the years to come.  I would proceed very cautiously about a size increase and consider a lift if the breast skin needs adjustment.   

Brian M. Braithwaite, MD

600 cc implants

+1

600 cc implants are very large and may cause early sagging due to the addditional weight of the implants.  Think long and hard about the enlargement.

600 cc breast implants are huge.

+1

Hi.

1)  Very bad idea.  After doing hundreds and hundreds of breast augmentation in New York City, we have almost never used breast implants larger than 500 cc's, and certainly not on somebody with your frame.. Excessively large implants stretch your tissues and age very badly.

2)  We are supposed to be doctors looking out for your welfare, not just breast implant merchants.  You will always find asurgeon who will do what you ask for, but get more opinions.

3)  If you go to my RealSelf profile, you can find an article that explains how to pick breast implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The 600cc high profile breast implant

+1

With enough effort, any breast implant can fit, and the 600cc high profile implant is very round and wll make quite an impression on your 5'5" 130 pound frame. The 700 cc even better, though I don't think a 'porn' star would appreciate the result, as they might want something that looks a bit better. We suggest you start thinking about a look that will hold up for the long term, 20 years ahead to avoid regrets later. Work on a look that will last and bring your ideas and photos in so your sugeon can set a plan in place to get your there.

peterejohnsonmd

These implants are too big!

+1

Your breast tissue slowly stretched and thinned after your first surgery. Pregnancy and weight changes has likely caused further deterioration. When the augmented breast looses firmness and stretches, many patients request larger implants to "fill out the breast". This works fine in the short term but larger and more projecting implants (higher profile) will only accelerate further thinning, stretching and damage to your tissues. It is not technically more difficult to put in these larger implants but the permanent damage to your breasts is not worth it. When your larger implants cause sagging, rippling , bottoming out, "double bubbles", more sensitivity loss, etc., are you prepared for more surgeries down the road? Sorry to be so blunt but you need to think about more than cup size and what your immediate results will look like. Your Plastic Surgeon should be discussing all risks of further surgery.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon