Is It Possible to Have 600-700cc and Natural Sagging For My Frame? (photo)

I know that you cant tell without examining me, but I'd like to know if it is feasible to try for the look below with my natural anatomy. I would like mine to hang eventually. Im 5'4', 145 lbs. I am a 38 year old who has one child and was initially a 34B. I breastfed him for 17 months. Had breast aug in '06 with 450cc silicone under the muscle. Disappointed the moment i woke up from surgery. My doctor said my chest "swallowed up the implant". Im considering 600-800cc but dont want beach balls

Larger implant

+1
Certainly you have room for a larger implant, but from the photo you appear to have quite a bit of asymmetry especially by size. If you like the natural sag that you have then a lift would not be necessary, only an implant exchange. Gels work best above the muscle and that is where I would place your implant.

Breast implant size

+1

If you want to be big, 600-700 cc's will do it and then some.  You may be happy initially, but over time, you can look forward to lots of sagging, back pain, and difficulty getting a bra that is comfortable.  I think it is too large and eventually you will be wondering what in the world you were thinking. Then you will need a lift with smaller implants. I say don't do it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Using larger implants to achieve desired size

+1

using larger implants to achieve desired size

The model clearly has very large breasts.   there are a number of problems with large implants. But if this is where you want to be then you will need more than 600 cc to get enough of a change

Yes, larger implants are needed to approach the goal photograph's appearance!

+1

You told us you have 450cc implants, but not their profile. Your too-wide cleavage (too-narrow implants) suggests you have moderate plus or even high profile implants, which are positioned correctly beneath your nipple/areola complexes (NACs), but because of their inadequate size and base diameter, do not give you the look you want.

Thus, large(r) implants are indeed necessary, as well as proper profile choice (widest possible for the volume chosen to fit your pocket diameter) to give you better cleavage while maintaining proper position beneath your NACs. Don't worry one bit about sag; gravity is one of those things that is present 24/7, always exerting its force on your breasts and their supproting structures.

"Beach balls" would be caused by capsular contracture, or simply "forcing" implants that are physically too large for the largest appropriate pocket that can be safely created within your body's anatomy. Violating anatomy causes symmastia and other malposition issues, but large size alone is not absolutely impossible. I frequently place 500-800cc implants in appropriate patients who request them, and whose anatomy allows them. But then again, I do well over 100 breast augmentations yearly, in addition to augmentation plus lifts, lifts alone, transgender breast surgeries, breast reductions, and breast reconstructions/revisions.

BTW, the 30 year old Czech nude model you show in your goal photograph does not have implants, so this is (literally) an unrealistic expectation. That being said, it looks as if your anatomy will support large implants so long as your (experienced) ABPS-certified plastic surgeon knows your goal, does not try to violate physics and anatomic limitations, and is comfortable with using large implants. I think you can have a splendid result, and would NOT recommend switching to a submammary plane (increased risk of capsular contracture, implant visibility, or palpability). For an example of one of my patients who requested 800cc implants (also a professional model) click on the web reference link below--you have to click on the far right photograph (not the arrow) and then scroll down for the final 800cc result. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible to Have 600-700cc and Natural Sagging For My Frame

+1

It will be important to discuss the pros and cons with your surgeon. 

As far as sizing, I feel that 600 cc may be a disappointing size increase--perhaps a one-half cup size increase. 

If you do wish to have larger implants only the largest (800cc) ones look like they may approach the size of the model in the photo. 

All the best. 

Is It Possible to Have 600-700cc and Natural Sagging For My Frame?

+1

It is possible, but you must consider the increased risks in having larger implants. Make sure you review all of your options before making this choice. 

Your plastic surgeon will be very useful in guiding your decision. Hope this works out.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Large volume breast implants

+1

I would agree with your doctor.  Based on your body statistics, I would have expected you to look a lot fuller with 450 cc implants too.  At that size, if you go up only 150 cc's to 600 cc's, you might not see a significant difference.  700 to 800 cc's might be the ticket for you, especially if you are hoping to look like the lady in the photo.  I have seen patients like you over the years in whom I have put very large implants.  Based on the patients' height and weight, I would have expected them to fall over forward from the size of the implants but they have actually looked very good and been very happy with the results!

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

+1

Over sized implants can be done but have risks. These risks need to be outlined in detail to you before proceeding. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.
 As you state, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural sagging”  or “D or DD” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.
I hope this (and the attached link) help.

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

From your photos it appears you can go larger.  I would recommend an modrate profile implant in the 600 to 650 range.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon