Is 600/650cc Too Big for Me?

I have went back and forthe on this and have decided in the smaller of my choices. I am 50cc smaller on one side and am going 600 and 650. Now I'm wondering if I'll be too big?? I'm 5'7 165 pounds and I have a large rib cage with broad shoulders as you can see in my profile picture. I also have photos of my breasts in my last question. I used to be a DD and am trying to get back to about that maybe less. Have had a baby so I have lots of sagging and extra skin. Also doing a mini lift. Opinions??

Breast lift with implants

+2

Proper sizing takes a thorough consultation.  Based on the pictures you have included and your goal this is probably not an unreasonable size to choose. 

In cases like yours, with a very big implant where a fairly aggressive lift is necessary, a two staged approach is often necessary.  It depends on your skin excess as felt on exam.

It can be beneficial to do a reduction on the larger size so similar implants (size, dimension etc..) can be used to approach better symmetry.  

- York Yates, MD. - Utah.

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Large implants will extrude and descend rapidly

+1

600/650 cc implants are most likely too big.  Large implants placed retro-pectoral will extrude from the contraction of the pectoralis major muscle and will require revisions.  I recommend a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to remove your implants and place new silicone gel implants retro-pectoral.  At the same time, your breasts can be reshaped to increase upper pole fullness, lifted higher and more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will allow the use of a smaller implant to achieve the desire anterior projection.  This technique is superior to large implants since they will rapidly descend.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Impossible to,know without seeing photos, but 600 cc implants are really large.  Furthermore it is risky to do a lift with implants that large.  also,implants that large will likely make you appear heavy, given your description of your build.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

It all depends on how they look on you and how you measure up.

+1

Although you have kindly included your photos, they really don't tell us anything about how these sized implants will look on you.  If you had a photo of you trying on the implants, it would be more instructive.

Nonetheless, there are some very well understand and documented problems with implants as big as you are considering.  You should familiarize yourself with these potential pitfalls before undergoing surgery.

As always, you best bet for whatever cosmetic surgical procedure you are thinking about is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon who you trust and discuss your desires and concerns with him or her.  In Utah, a simple source for such a referral would be the Utah Plastic Surgery Society who has a list of their members located at the link included.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.safeplasticsurgeryutah.com/surgeons/

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Is 600/650cc Too Big for Me?

+1

I am not sure what you mean by a mini-lift, but based on your photos, you need a proper lift--either a vertical or anchor lift. With the size of implants you are considering, I think it safer to do this in two stages. 

The photos are out of focus, but I do think the size difference is considerably more than just 50 cc.  As a general guideline, most surgeons would limit implant choice to use ea device no wider than is the natural breast, and I don't know that measurement in you. For high profile implants that would require about 14 cm of width. 

If you have tried on trial implants and they seem to be a good size, and the width in within the parameters of your breasts, the size will look ok. Implants of that size will stretch and thin out the breasts more rapidly than will smaller implants, and may lead to earlier need for revision surgery. 

A lot to consider. If you are asking here, you should also be asking to your surgeon, and before the morning of surgery. 

All the best.