600 or 650 High Profiles Instead For Me? (Photos)

6 ft, 165, 38A Looking to get a natural yet perky look in proportion to my frame First PS said I am a 15 BWD wants me to get 550 Mod Plus sil unders. Says that the HP wont look as natural He says he uses Mod plus about 80% of the time. Second PS said I am a 12 BWD wants me to get 590 ULTRA high profile sil unders. Said that the mod plus would be to wide making me look wider than I already do due to my 33 RC.

What size implants?

+4
Your photo shows that your breasts are wide apart. You will need to make some choice because I don't think that there is a perfect implant or procedure that will give you the " perfect" look.if you pick an implant that is wider it will help fill out your entire chest better and give you a better chance at getting some cleavage. The only problem is that it may cause your nipples to look a little MRI pushed out to the side because the nipples probably won't be centered beneath the implant (or it would make the whole implant too far to the outside). The other choice is to pick a more narrow implant (hp). This would get the implant more centered beneath the implant but you might not get enough filling towards the center and then you might feel that your breasts are to far apart. You need to have a good discussion with your surgeon before surgery to go over your priorities. Hope this helps.

Questions about implant size

+2

Providing an exact answer for an implant size is impossible using photos alone. A meticulous examination would be warranted to help provide you with the best possible outcome.

With that said and the configutation of your breasts and chest wall, it appears that high profile implants would be a better choice. I would strongly recommend silicone ones versus saline. The ultimate size would also depend on the general cup size/appearance that you desire.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant choice

+1

Choosing the right implant for you really requires a physical exam and a discussion of your goals.  I have actually never measured anyone at 15 cms BWD, but you could be the first.

Breast implant sizing

+1

Clear communication with your surgeon is  very important  in maximizing the chances of achieving your desired breast size.  Demonstrating your goals in front of a full-length mirror is helpful.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is also very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Large Volume Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree that because of your height and chest wall circumference ideally large implants would be more suitable, but there are other things to consider. The largest size implant that will fit depends on base width diameter of your breast but also on the distance from your nipple to breast fold and the amount of loose skin available to stretch. Based on your photos, I think it will be very difficult to get a 600-650 implant to fit. You made need to accept something more along the lines of 400-500cc but it is hard to be more specific without a physical exam. Also, remember that large volume implants, especially greater than 600cc are heavy and are more prone to sagging over time. You may need another opinion before you proceed.

Joseph Fata, MD

Implant type

+1

Emma- I could be more specific if you post better photos- Especially one from the side.  That said, it looks to me like your tall and small, yet your breast is wide.  You have to define a bit better what you mean by natural and give a sense of the size you desire.  I think an implant in the size range you mention will bring you to the mid-C's although, with your nipple on the left appearing very much to the side (don't know if that's just because it's a poor photo) then I would recommend against a high profile implant.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

High profile breast implants with a wide chest

+1

For the most natural breast augmentation the implant must be centered under the nipple, and move and flow with the breast. When the chest is wide a narrower diameter and projecting breast implant such as a high profile or ultra high profile may tend to accentuate the wide space in the middle an produce a round projecting breast, leaning outward. A full implant in a lower profile may do better.

peterejohnsonmd

What sized implant

+1

I am not sure how the 2 base diameter measurements are so different from each other. I would usually not use an implant larger than the 450cc range in most people. You being 6 feel tall allows some room due to the large surface area on your chest and abdomen. High profile implants are typically for narrow women who want to go large. I would think that a 6 foot tall woman would do better with mod profile based implant. go on line and look at photos of taller women, who start with your size and pick a general size you like post op photos on. that will help your surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant for me?

+1

Regarding: "6 ft, 165, 38A Looking to get a natural yet perky look in proportion to my frame    First PS said I am a 15 BWD wants me to get 550 Mod Plus sil unders. Says that the HP wont look as natural He says he uses Mod plus about 80% of the time. Second PS said I am a 12 BWD wants me to get 590 ULTRA high profile sil unders. Said that the mod plus would be to wide making me look wider than I already do due to my 33 RC "

There is NO substitute for an examination. While we can guide you in general terms any opinions voiced here cannot take the place of a face to face examination.

You wish to have what the majority of my Breast Augmentation patients request an attractive result that is proportionate to their figure. You present several limitations in this regard. Although you are tall, your breasts are relatively small (less breast tissue available to cover the underlying ripples in the implant) and widely spaced with the nipples pointing slightly to the sides. Since the implants need to be centered under the nipples, I think you would do better with a wider based implant than a narrower based implant (which would not narrow the inter breast distance). I agree that silicone filled implants placed under the muscle is the way to go in your case.  As to High Profile VS. Moderate Profile Silicone gel implants, I do not think it much matters. If you look at the implant specifications for Mentor Gel implants their HP implants are slightly smaller in size than the same size Mentor Moderate Profile Plus (Style 2000) implants. In other words, Mentor HP gel implants are just a bit smaller than the MP+ saline implants. For this reason, I prefer using the Mentor gel HP gels because they give the breasts a slightly greater height (projection).

The greater the implants, the heavier they will make the breasts and the quicker they will result in sagging.

To BEST see what you may look like with each of these implants look for a surgeon who can offer you a Digital Breast Augmentation with the Canfield VECTRA X3. A digital 3D picture is taken of your chest and you can see simulations of yourself with a variety of breast implants.  We offer this in our practice and our patients love it.

Peter A Aldea, MD