Im a 60 Year Old Woman and Am over Weight, Would I Be a Good Candidate for Coolsculpting?

Good Candidate for CoolSculpting?

+1

CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Coolsculpting not for obesity

+1

This procedure works best on appropriately selected patients. The ideal patient has bulges that are not visceral fat and that are localized and resistant to diet and excercise.

In these patient results are consistently excellent.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the overweight person

+1

I get this question frequently from patients, when they see me for nonsurgical options. I would say that the the ideal candidate is near their ideal body weight and has had a stable weight for many months or years. There are some who I would be more careful in terms of setting expectations. Coolsculpting is not a weight reduction procedure. It is ideal for contouring or shaping very specific areas. So if you have reasonable tightness (or elasticity) of skin and you can pinch an area that if reduced in volume would give you a high degree of satisfaction, then Coolsculpting might work. Examples might be inner thighs, love handles or bra area. If you have a lot of loose skin, then don't consider Coolsculpting as a skin tightening procedure. The best would be to talk to someone who can discuss with you both surgical and non-surgical approaches to body contouring during a consultation so you can make the best decision for you and also set your expectations on what can be achieved each option.

Coolsculpting Candidate?

+1

Cool sculpting is effective technology for patients with isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue. If you are significantly overweight you will probably not be at a good candidate. Direct examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/cool-sculpting.htm

CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is not appropriate for obesity

+1

Similar to liposuction, CoolSculpting is indicated for patients in good shape physically, who eat healthy diets and exercise but can't lose easily the last bulge on their love handle or abdomen.  Zeltiq only produces about 20% of a reduction of fat in volume around 4 months after the procedure. Some patients have repeated procedures and improve their volume reduction but it would not produce a significant reduction in overweight areas.  Furthermore, the applicators are not of the size to fit overweight body shapes.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Coolsculpting is NOT an Obesity Treatment

+1

Like Liposuction, Coolsculpting is NOT a treatment for obesity. It uses freezing technology to destroy literally a handful of fat at a time. You may wish to be examined by a Plastic surgeon and be advised based on your examination what treatment may be best for you.

Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting.

+1

This is difficult to answer without a photo or more details about your body shape. CoolSculpting is a method for the non-invasive removal, it is not a treatment for weight loss or for patients who have more than moderate bulges.  The ideal CoolSculpting has small to moderate localized bulges in the abdomen, love handles, or back and are within ten to fifteen pounds of their ideal body weight.  Many physicians offer complementary consults to determine if you are a good candidate so it might be helpful inquiring in your area to see if you would benefit from CooSculpting.

Long Island Dermatologist