I Had 60 Units of Botox Injected in Almost a Straight Line Above my Eyebrows. Will is Cause Droop?

I'm very afraid this will cause my brow to droop or even my eyelid to droop. Is there anything that can be done to counteract this? Please keep in mind that the botox was inject just at the top edge of my eyebrows.

Will 60 units of Botox cause my brow or eyelid to droop?

+1

16-20 units is generally adequate for the lines in the forehead. If you do experience an eyelid droop, eye drops can be used to help with the ptosis. I would recommend speaking with your provider regarding any concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Botox and brow injections

+1

It is very difficult to answer this question without first knowing about placement, and without either assessing you in person or seeing a photo. You should consider posting photo's for better review and always follow up with your provider if you've got questions about your treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox above eyebrows and proper dosage

+1

It is difficult to say how many units you require without properly assessing the muscles of your face at rest and with movement, and depending on gender and age. The technique you describe sounds a bit unusual, but sometimes it looks or feels like things are injected in a line, when in fact they weren't. I'd wait and see the results. If you have a problem, then you'll know to ensure that you are treated by a highly trained and educated injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox

+1

You may want to reconsider your choice of Botox administrator/office/clinic.  This technique sounds unusual and the amount of Botox injected directly above the brow is high.

I usually stay 2cm above the eye brow to prevent ptosis (a droopy eyelid).  It is possible that you could develop ptosis.  If this happens, you may want to see a different individual - make sure you see a board certified physician.  There are eye drops that can counteract ptosis from Botox to a certain degree.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Botox Injection Technique

+1
It seems unusual to inject Botox using this technique. Hopefully you will not have an unfavorable result. 
Botox is very technique dependent.  The efficacy also depends on the way Botox has been reconstituted
You might try finding a different plastic surgery or dermatology practice in your area that performs a lot of Botox. By going to the Botox Cosmetic Website you can find the top provider of Botox in your area. The top providers will be listed in order. You can check exclusively in your zip code, or check in a 10 mile radius

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have used Botox, for over 25 years, to soften unwanted lines and wrinkles.  IMHO, the Botox should not be injected within 1 fingers-width of the eyebrows in order to prevent them from dropping.  Will the eyebrows drop?  Not sure but I'd avoid that high of a Botox dose right next to the eyebrows.  

60 Units of Botox Will Probably Cause Some Unwanted Heaviness

+1

Your question is perceptive. Botox injection require both art and judgment. We like a smooth forehead, but don't like heaviness to our brows. 60 units injected across the forehead near the top of the brow is likely to drop the brow a fair bit, giving it  a heavy appearance. A lighter touch (fewer units injected much higher) will soften (not eliminate) the forehead wrinkles, without dropping the brow. In fact, a little bit of Botox injected under the lateral aspect of the eyebrows at the same time will often give a little bit of a lift to the brows as well. Remember that you can always add a bit more a week later if the desired result is not quite achieved, but you can't remove it if too much is placed initially. It's usually better to start slowly. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Botox?

+1

I agree with the group of responders that 60 units if indeed used across the brow and forehead is too much.  Be prepared for total flattening of the brow and forehead and if there is forehead laxity, the entire brow and forehead will flatten and drop giving you a loss of normal brow arch.  Excessive doses of Botox can diffuse farther out than expected and can migrate into the orbit where it can even cause lid droop.  Confirm with your injector exactly how much was used and if it was really Botox or Dysport which does have different unit dosing treatments.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

How much Botox needed to get drooping of the eye lids

+1

Dose of Botulinum toxin depends on the volume of the muscle responsible for a wrinkle. Frown area and forehead on average require about 40-50u of BTA.

Larger volumes can be associated  with diffusion of the medicine and it getting into musles pulling the eyebrow and eyelid up -hence drooping. Overdoing of BTA in higher up area closer to the hair line will relax too much muscle fibres responsible for the lifting of the whole forehead up you will end up with haevy, not natural looking forhead.

Discuss with your doctor your concerns. Normally effect of BTA can be contracted with some eyedrops or just simply waiting till the worst effect of it wears off.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Botox in forehead - 60 units it too much in my opinion

+1

If the Botox in the forehead was injected in a straight line above the brows, 60 units is way too much.  My average dosing is about 6-15 units in this area in females.  Sometimes injectors include the glabella in the injection and that is from 15-30 units which is a little closer to that 60 number but still much less. I'm afraid you might get a droop of the eyebrows (ptosis) because the forehead muscles are the only elevators of the brows.

Steven F. Weiner, MD