6 Weeks of Smart Lipo, Lift and Implant. My Right One It Doesn't Look Good? (photo)

It Ha Been 6 Weeks. 5'5' & 147  410cc I Feel Pain. I done it in Colombia & I live in NY Surgeon said takes 1 year foam and compression bra must to use 24/7 x 3 months nipple doesn't look good & flat shape under the nipple It's painfull & too high unconfortable with my arm down. please help me

Misshapened breasts after augmentation

+2

Your implants look quite high with the lower breast empty, and we see no lift scar. Without an exam we cannot know for certain but things don't look 'right'. We would suggest a second opinion in your local area right away.

My Right One It Doesn't Look Good

+2

I am not sure I see incisions that would lead me to think you have had a lift. The implants are quite asymmetric. It appears that the pocket dissections were quite different as you can see from the absence of fill in the lower outer area of the right breast. Although waiting several months for the implants to settle is almost always good advice, I do think that you will want a revisional procedure in the near future. 

I also note the the right breast looks larger than the left in the preop photos, yet the implants were apparently the same size. I would expect that after all is settled the right breast may well look larger than the left. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Implant issues

+1

At six weeks, your implants are very high. I would give it a few more months to see if they drop. If they do not, you probably will need a revision.  Good luck.

6 Weeks of Smart Lipo, Lift and Implant. My Right One It Doesn't Look Good?

+1

Sorry to say based upon the posited photos you have a very serious issue in the breast surgery was poorly preformed. Seek in person evaluations from other boarded PSs in your city. Again sorry for the issues. 

Breast Augmentation Surgery Outside of the U.S.

+1

I am not sure what really was done.  I do not see any evidence of a lift via a healed scar.  Since this is only 6 weeks after the surgery then it is prudent to wait at least 3 months before any surgical revision is considered.  Would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in NYC for consultation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast augmentation revision

+1

I assume the smart lipo was on the abdomen. As far as I can tell you had implants placed via an areola incision but did not have a breast lift. From your before surgery photo it is unclear that you ever needed a breast lift. Your surgeon may have placed sutures between the lower half of the breasts and the chest wall to lift the tissue but all that seems to have done is distort the lower half of the breasts. Those sutures may eventually pull through but it is unclear if the distortion will then resolve. You could wear foam and bras indefinitely but that will not in and of itself improve your breast contour.

I would recommend giving more time for the distortion to resolve on its own. If it does not you will need revision surgery. Any savings you had by undergoing surgery in Colombia will be lost and the whole process will ending up costing more than if you had the original surgery in your hometown.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Bad result after surgical tourism will require more surgery (and cost).

+1

I'm sorry to be more blunt than most of my colleagues, but it appears as if you have poorly-dissected pockets, and may have had bleeding in one or both breasts. Things will indeed continue to change as healing progresses, but no amount of healing can create a properly-positioned implant pocket without capsular contracture and distortion, as it appears you have.

Fortunately, your liposuction does not appear to have caused ripples or irregular scarring, Perhaps your foreign surgeon was better trained in liposuction than breast augmentation. At any rate, you now need a local ABPS-certified plastic surgeon who may be willing to try to help you with your apparently-significant problems with your breasts. Did you pay for a breast lift? I see no evidence you had any type of lift, or was this some sort of "internal lift?" Your pre-op photos show you did not need a lift at all and would have been a straightforward breast augmentation with anticipated great results.

I am sorry you had this experience. I hope other patients reading your question and seeing your photos now understand why fully-trained ABPS-certified plastic surgeons decry surgical tourism so much. It's not that there aren't good surgeons everywhere in the world, including foreign countries. It's that you now have had what appears to be "bait and switch" non-breast lift augmentation, suboptimal surgical results, possible significant complications, and your surgeon and your money are nowhere close by. And you have no legal recourse either!

Please see one or more local ABPS-certified plastic surgeons and plead temporary insanity for going elsewhere for your surgery and having to ask someone else to "fix" the problems. Be prepared to pay--this may not be easy. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post Augmentation Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question. From your pictures I cannot see any signs of a lifting procedure having been done. There is a peri-areolar incision, but this is for the augmentation. Typically I advise patients that they should wait 3 to 6 months to allow the swelling and scarring from the surgery to subside. Usually at that time the implants will drop and fill the breasts as the tissues relax and accommodate.

Having said that I would recommend that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Your concern is valid, but in order to receive an accurate opinion an in-person examination is of upmost importance!

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Breast asymmetry post op

+1

From your photos, it does not appear that you had a lift.  You should have an exam and advice from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon