6 Weeks Post Op from Breast Implants and One is Still a Bit Higher and Larger. Even Stitched Up Higher Maybe? (photo)

I am 6 weeks post op from breast implant revision & my left breast is still a bit higher & larger & even appears to be stitched up higher because it creases up higher underneath. I had revision due to my right implant was smaller and my left had "bottomed out". Is 6 weeks normal for a breast to still be larger and higher up? If it's stitched up higher, will it even drop down? Is there anything I can do to help it drop down to match my right breast?

Asymmetry

+1

A couple of things with the photo make this hard to answer. First, I am not sure if this was taken in a mirror, because from the posting it looks "backward".  Also, the arms are elevated, and this will distort the breast appearance. 

I can't tell from the narrative if there was an implant exchange to compensate for the size difference. If not, I don't think that the size will change from before the recent surgery.

As to the shape and position, six weeks is early, and some continuing improvement is likely. Continued downward massage will be helpful. Stay in close touch with your surgeon;.

All the best. 

Breast implant revision should work.

+1

Hi.

Of course it is early and you don't want to do anything for several months, But I am not optimistic about a good outcome.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

6 Weeks Post Op from Breast Implants and One is Still a Bit Higher and Larger. Even Stitched Up Higher Maybe?

+1

Based upon the posted photo the result appears very good. But you need in person evaluations if you are concerned. 

Asymmetry at 6 weeks

+1

SIx weeks is still fairly early to assess the final outcome of a breast augmentation. The breasts can continue to change for several months after surgery. If your surgeon adjusted the height of one of the implants it is likely to appear more asymmetric early on and will likely settle into a more symmetric position over time.

After several months have passed, you can re-evaluate the degree of asymmetry with your surgeon. Keep in mind that no one has perfectly symmetric breasts, however it is very likely that the asymmetry will have greatly improved by then.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Implants at six weeks

+1

At six weeks, it is too soon to get too worried about your impalnts.  You will need to give it more time to settle. But remember breasts are usually a bit asymmetric.

6 weeks post op breat augmentation

+1

I think its a very reasonable look at 6 weeks post op.In most plastic surgery procedures its advisable to release your mind from the operated site for at least 6 months and then also don't be do critical of shape since nature has given asymmetrical 2 half's of body to all individuals and we never notice this asymmetry before surgery.However soon after surgery most patient will look themselves in mirror several times a day even though advised on the contrary to it.I am sure 6 months later you will be a happy patient.Wishing you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Make A Breast Implant Drop

+1

If you want an implant to drop into a pocket, it may be possible to massage the implant into a lower position.  This can be done by massaging or squeezing the implant down repeatedly.  There are breast massage exercises with which your surgeon will be familiar or you can google these exercises. 

The natural progression is for breast implants to continue to drop after breast augmentation until they reach the inferior aspect to which the pocket was dissected.  It is rare for the implants to descend at the same rate.  Larger implants take longer.  People with smaller chest walls take longer. 

Also, if your left breast had bottomed out, your surgeon probably performed inferior capsulorrhaphy or reduced the pocket at its inferior aspect.  Stitches placed at this fold tend to loosen over time or the tissue loosens to some extent.  Thus, the implant tends to fall over time.

Hope this helps.