6 Weeks Post Op From Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo and Muscle Repair, Normal To Feel Pain on One Side?

hi i am 6 weeks post op from full tummy tuck with lipo muscle repair and breast uplift ,at the moment i am suffering from a real bad pain only on one side of my abdomen ,it feels like it is internal bruising ,is this normal there is no extra swelling and all scars are healing amazingly i went back to work (childrens entertainer )on day 15 and also have a two year old who i started lifting again after two weeks ,i just need advice as to whether this is to be expected cheers

Pain 6 Weeks after Tummy Tuck?

+1

When a patient describes a “real bad pain”,  I hesitate to call it “normal”  without direct examination. I would suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon who will be able to make a good diagnosis and offer treatment recommendations after physical examination. Online  consultation may be falsely reassuring.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Acceptable pain after tummy tuck

+1

I am sorry about the pain you are experiencing.  This sort of pain at this time period is not unusual.  I would guess that approximately 5-10% of my patients experience such discomfort.  The good news is that 99.99% resolve after a period of time.  The most important action is a physical exam by your plastic surgeon to assure that you don't have a hernia.  Otherwise, treat the pain symptomatically with ice/heat (not directly on your skin) and anti-inflammatory medications.

Unilateral pain after tummy tuck

+1

It isn't uncommon to experience pain even six weeks postop, as you resume more activities.  However, if this is of concern, you should see your plastic surgeon in followup to rule out any problems. 

Tummy tuck pain six weeks out

+1

Yes, I do feel that it is normal to feel some pain at this point.  This discomfort may even be worsened as you become more active and start using your abdominal muscles more.  It is also quite possible that you were simply more bruised on one side.  I am glad to hear that everything has healed well and that nothin new appears to be swollen.  Sometimes fluid collections can be to blame for discomfort, pressure, and a new site of swelling.  Just check out your symptoms on your next follow up visit with your surgeon to get further reassurance.