6 Weeks Post Breast Augmentation Complications

Nearly 6 weeks post op Scar split @ 5 weeks (0.5cm) slight discharge Steri strips on & on antibiotics Now halfway through antibiotics & have pain in breast No obvious signs of swelling Occasional hot flush Concerned implant feels like it's lifting Still wearing sports bra now wearing support strap again Can i do anymore? Doing the right thing? Should i be concerned? i have no aftercare as my surgeon begrudgingly replaced my PIP implants. They're textured implants - should i massage them? Thanks

Late complications require surgeon vigilance.

+1

Greetings,

I am sorry to hear that you have a painful breast with drainage late following a reoperation. You need to go back to your surgeon NOW for re-evaluation. Without examination, it is uncertain what is happening to your breast implant....

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Post op

+1

This is the time that you want to stay close to your plastic surgeon and to follow instuctions and vigilant with your visits

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Complications 6 weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

With any patient experiencing complications, there is no substitute for direct examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Complication

+1

You need to go back to your surgeon, or find another one. You may be fine, but infection is a concern. see someone now.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Complication after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery.

Unfortunately, despite your good description of your situation, online consultants will not be able to provide you with accurate or meaningful advice/reassurance. Sometimes, nothing takes the place of in-person evaluation.

Hopefully, you will be able to return to your plastic surgeon for follow-up; if for some reason that is not possible you may need to seek consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Complications Need In-person Follow up.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It sounds like you have an issue that needs to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon.  With an openning and discharge I suspect that there may be contamination or infection of the implant, but there is no way of knowing without a good examination.  I encourage you to go back to your plastic surgeon and request a follow up consultation.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Post Augmentation Complications

+1

Thank you for the questions. It appears that there are many issues here that can only be resolved through an in-person exam with your plastic surgeon. If you are unable to see your original surgeon I would recommend you seek consultation with another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Post-augmentation issues

+1

With all the questions you have, it sounds like you should see your surgeon and make sure everything is ok.

Post breast augmentation problems

+1

Thank you for the questions. Given all your concerns, I think you should contact your surgeon and arrange a follow up appointment. It is difficult to give you an exact diagnosis without proper exam. If you can not see your plastic surgeon then contact your PCP or arrange to see another plastic surgeon. Best Wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

No aftercare?

+1

Hello and thanks for posting. It sounds like you're having trouble with your breast implant and breast incision. What you are describing requires that you seek the help of a trained professional. I find it unusual that your operating surgeon is not providing aftercare. You should request to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon if your original operative surgeon is unwilling to help and soon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD