6 Weeks After Surgery (Excision and Lipo) I Still Have Puffy Nipples? (photo)

Nipples are very slightly puffy (I'm guessing from residual breast tissue or lack of firmness in skin) and slightly hard (from scar tissue under the incision). 1)Are there any sort of creams I can be using to contract the areola further? 2)Will chest workouts slow recovery time and increase puffiness/swelling? It seems to have increased after one trip to the gym. Thanks!

Swelling after gynecomastia

+1

Swelling is quite normal after surgery. it can take several months for the puffiness or swelling to go down.

How long for puffiness to resolve after gynecomastia correction

+1

It looks to me like you are on your way to an excellent result.  It takes many months for all swelling to go away after this type of surgery.  If exercise increases the swelling, it is wise to reduce its intensity.  Compression at night might be helpful.  I hope this is helpful.

John Q. Cook, MD