6 Weeks After Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction Surgery, and Can't Breathe Through Nose?

I had a Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction surgery 6 weeks ago, and for the past 4 weeks, I am unable to breathe through my nose when I am standing. For some reason, everything is crystal clear when I am lying down (asleep or awake) but only minutes after getting up, my nose feels stuffy and my nostrils feel obstructed. I've tried everything, and the only thing that gives any relief is a Breathe Right strip. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? It is agonizing.

Septoplasty Recovery

+1

Dear Jen,

You still have swelling present in the tissues which is causing your congestion. The best advice is to see your treating surgeon for frequent post operative visits as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery process. Upon direct examination your surgeon will be able to further answer your questions and concerns. He/she may want to put you on a nasal spray or use other treatments to help you through this recovery. Best regards and quick healing! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com