6 Months Post Op, Started to Have Dull Pain Two Months Ago?

Started getting a dull pain two months ago in right breast. Mainly right under nipple (on areola), especially when pressed on. Pain can radiate down from there, sometimes sharp pains. Have gone to PS twice for check up. He thought it may be a nerve...I did have Mondors cords up to 3 months post op. Some days it doesn't bother me, but it seems like on days when I am more "active" it aches alot. No tightness, redness, lumps, etc. Any other thoughts as to what this could be? Have taken advil.

Pain 6 Months Post Breast Surgery

+1

It's possible that you may be experiencing early capsular contracture. Often times with capsular contracture, there is pain and swelling. It's best that you schedule an appointment with your plastic surgeon so that he can further examine you to rule out infection or other problems.

Pain 6 months after breast surgery

+1

Some patients get the sensations you describe after surgery.  It is not uncommon and often will get better with time. It is always best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Continued Pain 6 Months Post-Op

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not unusual for patients to have aches and pains this far out from surgery. While we reassure patients that they will see their results in 3 to 6b months, the full healing process takes 12 to 18 months. During this time your scar tissue is undergoing a process known as remodeling. Patients will commonly complain of tightness, itching, dull or sharp pain during this period. The good news is that this sensation will typically correct on it's own and can be controlled with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine such aleve, ibuprofen, tylenol, etc.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pain 6 months after BA

+1

You have done the correct thing by seeing your surgeon.

Most of these post-op pain issues are self-limited, and usually no specific cause is identified. With this time course  a relationship to the surgery is likely, but patients with and without breast implants do get breast pain.

With some success, I have recommended to patients a week trial of around the clock anti-inflammatory medication. Naproxyn (Alleve) is easiest, since it is twice a day. Often the cycle breaks during that time period.

Thanks and best wishes for an uneventful continued recovery.