I Am 5' 6" and 117lbs Getting Silicone. Torn Between 300cc and 325cc. Dont Want Too Big! (photo)

I Am 5' 6" and 117lbs Getting Silicone. Torn Between 300cc and 325cc. Dont Want Too Big!

Do not sweat the small stuff

+2

The difference between those two volumes is so small that you will not know the difference.  25cc's at that size is less than 10% difference.  The base width of your breast and proposed implant is more important.  You will need to trust your surgeons expertise in choosing an implant that meets your goals.  It is very helpful to give your surgeon photos of breasts that you like and he or she can have them in the OR and match the photo during your procedure.

Sizing for breast implants.

+2

Every plastic surgeon has a way they help determine the best implant size for their patients.  I find the most proportional results are achieved by first measuring how wide the patients breast is.  An implant which is close in width to the patients breast and therefore fits the natural breast "footprint", will give a natural looking result.  At 5 feet 6 inches, you could look excellent with either size implant.  From your photos it appears likely your breast width is around 12 cm which is what the implants width is.   A change up or down of 25cc will only make a slight difference, so you could choose the larger implants with confidence they won't appear too big.  Silicone is a good choice and chosen by the majority of my patients for its natural feel.

Different between 300 and 325

+1

The size different between 300 and 325 is very small.   I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Selecting size of breast implants

+1

The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume.

If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high (in this practice we use high-profile implants only in rare instances). Inflatable sizers are used for saline implant augmentations, and pre-filled gel sizers are used for gel implant augmentations.

For any patient there is obviously a range of implant volumes that would be considered natural-appearing, and a volume at which the upper pole of the breast begins to look very unnatural. While one patient may seek an augmentation that is 'perfectly natural', another may be interested in a result that is more on 'the full side of natural', and many patients do ask that the largest implant volume be selected that does not produce an unnatural fullness in the upper pole. By using breast implant sizers intra-operatively to determine exactly what breast implant profile and volume produces the best breast appearance in the O.R., patients can be provided with the closest possible approximation of their preoperative goals, and can be assured of a natural-appearing result.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Most patients prefer bigger!

+1

Did you try sizers in your doctors office?  When a patient finds a implant that look good in a bra, I always go one size bigger, so go back to your doctors office, try the implants , put on a fitted shirt and  go with theimplant one size up to the sizer you like.

After being practicing plastic surgery for over 10 years, I have noticed that the vast majority of patient if given the chance will choose a slightly bigger implant, So if you are thinking and divided between this two implants, I would recommend the bigger.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Little difference between 300 and 325cc implants

+1

There is very little difference between 300 and 325cc.  Less than two tablespoons!  When a patient is trying to decide between two sizes, I usually recommend that they choose the larger implant.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

As implants increase in size, their width increases.  Too wide of an implant may result in more implant bulge under the armpit.  Meaurements, in addition to evaluation of the skin evelope are considered to determine impant sizing.  With the aforemetioned  and patient desires, implant size is determined. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

300 vs. 325cc

+1

In my opinion, at your height and weight, you may be happier with 325cc.  I tend to hear from patients they wish they were larger as opposed to smaller.  Either way, you will have a wonderful result.

Best size implants for me

+1

It is important to know that the difference between 300cc implants and 325cc implants is 5 teaspoons. That is not a lot. I would assume that if your surgeon has measured your breast width and chosen implants that coincide with this measurement, either of those implants will give you a satisfactory result. I ask my breast augmentation patients that if I were to err on the side of making them too big or too small, which would they prefer? That gives me a general idea of their desire on final breast size.

Web reference: http://gayosoplasticsurgery.com/

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

+1

Don't be nervous about a tablespoon and a half! And as I ask my patients..."Forget the word "huge" and if I have to fudge a little...do you want to be a tiny bit bigger or a tiny bit smaller? And it is true...99% of women wish they had erred on going larger than smaller.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon