I Am 5yrs Post Op. I Am Experiencing Severe Swelling of my Abdominal Wall?

This occurs after eating, mainly at night, or after exercise. I look 9 mths pregnant before I go to bed and wake up significantly better. But this occurs during the day as well. My doctor says that I must have a stretching of the facia covering my abdominal wall, and recommends reoperation. The question is, if I have a facia that has stretched once post op ( it began within the first 6-8 mths post surg and got continually worse), what is to say that it won't happen again?

Severe Swelling of Abdominal Wall After Tummy Tuck?

+2

You are correct in that  recurrent spreading of the abdominal wall muscles may occur once they are plicated  again (even in the best of hands). My best advice would be to make sure the plastic surgeon who does the reconstruction is well experienced and can demonstrate significant  successful experience with this type of surgery.