5years Ago I Had Radiesse Filler Injected into my Lips. 4 Years Later my Lips Have Hard Bumps?

Radiesse Filler Injected into my Lips. Now I have bumps.

+1

Radiesse is not normally recommended for injection into the lips, and for, at least partly, exactly the problems you're having.  If you have permanent bumps from this (or any other filler, or even the reaction to a filler, such as bleeding and scar tissue) then you'll have to consider having them removed surgically.  I would advise that you consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons to see what your options might be.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

5years Ago I Had Radiesse Filler Injected into my Lips.

+1

Radiesse is a great option to build volume and contour the cheek, though it's not  recommended you use this as a filler to the lips. There are other great hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane that would provide you with a beautiful, smooth, end result. Contact your medical provider for further assistance 

Radiesse in the lips

+1
  1. Radiesse is too thick for a nice result in delicate areas - lips and eyes.
  2. Radiesse is also long lasting, although your lips probably have as much tissue reaction as Radiesse at this point. 
  3. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have the nodules removed.
  4. Sometimes a very dilute injection of steroid (e.g. .001 mgm or less) will also help.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Radiesse is not a lip filler because you get long term nodules

+1

Radiesse has been a problem for people who got their lips injected.  It creates the problem you describe, hard nodules in the lips.  These need to be excised to improve.  Radiesse is a great filler though, but not for the tear trough and lips.  See my liquid facelift video with Radiesse.  Steve Weiner, MD, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bumps in lips years after Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is not currently advised to be injected into the lips because of the potential of forming hard lumps or bumps in either the short or long term. Best to see your injecting physician who can either inject the bump with medicine to try and break it up, or simply excise the bump for you. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon