5wks Post Op After Tummy Tuck Hernia Repair. is It Normal to Have a Lump Under my Boobs Middle Upper Stomach?

I have had this bulge lump since day after surgery. I still have pain and cannot walk straight. Is this normal? Could I have damaged my stitches inside? Can I Tear an Internal Stitch From yelling?

Midline lump after tummy tuck

+1

It sounds like the best course of action would be to contact the plastic surgeon who did your surgery to make sure that everything is going to plan.

During a tummy tuck procedure, it is usual for your plastic surgery to tighten the muscles from the bottom of you sternum all the way down to your pubic bone in the midline. It may be that you are feeling the sutures under the skin. It is usual to be slightly "doubled over" in the initial post operative period, but 5 weeks does seem like a long time.

Your treating surgeon is the best port of call.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

"Lump" after Tummy Tuck?

+1

No, it is not necessarily “normal” to have  upper abdominal wall swelling after tummy tuck surgery. Pain and inability to walk completely upright however may be within the normal bell curve of recovery.

I would suggest that you be seen by your plastic surgeon for evaluation of the “lump”.   This in person examination will be the most accurate way of diagnosing and determining a treatment plan. The differential diagnosis for this “lump” may be residual adipose tissue, fluid collection (seroma)  or disruption of the muscle plication.  Generally speaking, it would take significant force to disrupt the muscle plication done with tummy tuck surgery ( even if you are an aggressive “yeller").