5K After Leg Liposuction?

Is it possible to walk or even jog a 5K four weeks and 3 days after leg liposuction? I'm having the inside and front of my knees done and the back of the thigh. I've been in training for the 5K since January and hate to cancel it. Thank you for your time!

5K After Leg Liposuction?

+3

I start my patients walking the very next day after local anesthesia liposuction and they can start strenuous exercising at 1 week post op.  There should be no problem with you doing the 5K at 1 month after liposuction. Always do what your doc recommends though.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Return to Exercise After Liposuction

+2

Your surgeon will have recommendations for when it is safe to resume active exercise.  Low impact exercise is generally OK by week two and high impact can be resumed by week four. You may have more swelling after your 5 K, but it should not harm your results.  Enjoy the race!

Mary Lee Peters, MD