Will 300cc Implants Take a B to a D Cup?

i am 5ft9' 155lbs, is 300cc too small an implant for me (currently a saggy 36B)? i really want to be a small d.

Breast augmentation

+2

Typically the degree of sagging dictates the options I offer to patients.  If there is any question of whether I can meet your expectations I will discuss with you a breast lift or mastopexy.  The goal is to have the breast tissue in the proper position on the implant so that the nipple complex is in a natural position relative to the enhancement given to your breast.

Implant Selection Process

+1

300cc seems a bit small to go from a B to a D cup.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

300 cc and a 2 cup size increase

+1

The issue of "saggy" and measuring the width of the breast to properly size an implant cannot be done from photos alone and requires an exam but some averages might give you some help. I would disagree with the opinions that tell you that you can judge this by holding an implant in your hand or stuffing it in a bra. Proper sizing means that the width of an implant (diameter) must match the width of your breast at the base minus the skin/fat on either side.

For a 2 cup size increase you would need a high profile saline implant (Allergan) or a high profile gel (Mentor or Saline). A 36 inch chest might have a breast width of 13.5 to 14 cm and therefore an implant volume of around 500 cc (saline). So a 300 cc implant is not likely to gain the 2 cup sizes you're looking for and/or would not have adequate width to fill out the width of your breast properly. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

A 300cc implant may fall short of your desired D cup size

+1

There is no exact method for determining the  implant size required to become a certain cup size. I have used a rule of thumb that for every 200cc added one can expect a cup size increase. Applying this formula to your present cup size indicates that more then 300 ccs may be necessary to reach the desired goal of a D cup. In other words, in order to augment you two cup sizes, from a B to D, something closer to a 400cc implant may be required.

David A. Ross, MD

Predicting bra cup size

+1

I would try a 300 cc sizer on and then wear different bras to assess and predict the final cup size. There is no definitive method of predicting your final cup size but these methods do allow you to estimate.

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

Really difficult to say as there are no pictures for us to look at.  Also would need to see measurements as well.  If you truly are a 36B then a 300 cc implant may not get you what you are looking for.

I would not be fixated on size, I am not sure how you came up with the 300 cc size, but I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon that is knowledgable in the procedure.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

300 cc implants

+1

It is difficult to pinpoint cup size to implant volumes in patients with varying heights and weights.  I would have to say a 300 cc implant for someone of your height will probably not be enough to "bump" you up to a "D" cup.

300cc implants take a B to a D cup

+1

Need a photo to give an accurate response. But my guess is no you need at least a 450 cc implant.

Happy 4th from MIAMI Dr. B

Implant Sizing

+1

It is always best not to think in terms of absolute cup sizes since they vary a good bit especially among different manufacturers.  Having said that, with your height/weight, I would expect a 300cc implant to probably increase your present cup size to a C.  You really should try on implants in a sizing visit to determine the size with which you are most comfortable.

John Whitt, MD

How to pick shape and size of breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)